Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep thinking im DYING

I keep thinking im DYING

I struggle EVERYDAY to sit in a lecture room full of people and not have an inner battle trying to keep myself from bursting out thru that door and never coming back. It probably doesnt help that I study physiology so every second im thinking about my resipiration and heart rate, i hear every beat and am concious of every breath i take. I keep thinking my heart will stop any second. 1 second im sitting in my class thinking about something, the next im sweating, im panicking, my heart rate increases! Im obsessed with where we go after we die, im scared of not existing anymore. IM GOING CRAZY. I feel pressure on my chest, my breathing is shallow because I CANT TAKE A FULL BREATH. I went to the doctor, she said she cant hear anything in my lungs. but im thinking its my heart. I havent had proper sleep in weeks thinking i will die tonight, this is it, im done. HELP PLEASE im 20 years old and i have too much to deal with, this feels silly, i have exams coming up and i cant focus on anything but the fact that im going to DIE ANY SECOND

Re: I keep thinking im DYING

Hi Lilychk

When I was 21 in 1977 I went through exactly what you have described and a few times since then. Eventually i found a GP who listened and what she told me was to add up the amount of times I had thought I was going to die and then subtract the times I had!!! I thought for the first time that I had met someone who was madder than me but then I went away and thought about it and tried to work out the maths........... I'm now 52 I worked out that roughly I had thought I was going to Die about 3 or 4 times every month for 31 years and being as my Maths sucks I couldn't work it out then got wound up about it and as a result Panic set in etc etc....then I finally figured out that what my GP was saying was that it is one thing to think your going to Die and quite another to actually do it and the maths was irrelevant........ I wish you luck and NEVER GIVE UP

Bluesky

just to let you know i have the same feeling about 7times a week been suffering from panic attacks for five years and it happens all the time now trying to recover from these things as by joining this site may i wish you well and hope you good luck in youre exams.

So sorry your feeling this way but your not alone, i also feel like this all the time

Your so not alone, i think this is all part of anxiety and each one of us has to find our own way of dealing with it and talking about it does help especially to people who dont think that way, someone will say something to you that you will take on board eg i like to think we will have no memory of dying, i mean can you remember being born ? I think we are reborn again so we better get rid of our anxieties coz im sure i dont want to bring it in to my next life! I wonder what others think of that theory maybe they could post here so we can share our thoughts. You are going through a stressful time with your exams perhaps you will find that some situations will put your anxiety through the roof which in turn causes weird symptoms and horrible thoughts. See you doctor and explain how you are feeling, there is help out there and you will get support on here with other sufferers good luck with your exams honey love paige

Hiya mate.

From what you have described it sounds like an anxiety disorder and your having anxiety symptoms and then in turn you have a panic attack when the anxiety overwhelms you. Get back to your GP and explain exactly all of the symptoms as you did in your post on here. It may help you to read this bit of the site too http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms....ppage=symptoms It explains whats happening with your body and why the symptoms occur and how to ease them. Chest palpultations and short breathing are very comon symptoms, if not the most sommon symptoms people get with this. But i would still get into a GP and ask if it could be down to anxiety and also ask for an ECG just to put your mind at rest.

And if you need any help and support, this sites a god send.

All the best

Ken

im feeling like this now in work

trying to distract myself , but i have swallowing sensations , like a really tight throat and doesnt help when u have a chest infection etc

You're not dying. Trust me I've been through the EXACT situation you're describing. I've even driven myself to the hospital.

It's all in your head. The key is to realize that there isn't anything wrong with you. Your best bet is to go to the doctor and get it all checked out. I did and it made me feel so much better. He also prescribed me some meds to gently squash the symptoms you described.

You will be OK. Anxiety and Panic is perfectly normal that we all experience. The key is how you deal with it.

Good luck to you, you're in the right place. I just found this site, and to read that there are others that suffer what I suffer.....helps my anxiety to no ends...

We will overcome!

Lily! (lovely name!)

I'm 21 and I have the exact same problems, I'm always thinking I'm going to die, every little thing I notice wrong with me, I can have a saw arm and imagine up some crazy story about what it is and why it will kill me. I've been doing this for many years... I've got every illness in the book in my imagination! But I am still here and I assure you it is just your anxity getting the better of you! The sooner you know this the better you'll feel!

I also have a very hard time sleeping and I often wake up, short of breath and panicy, it makes me feel crazy too!

Death is a strange subject for me, I'm not religious at all, their are to many faiths for me to accept just one, but I don't really worry about it. I don't think we can tell what is coming after death but if people with near death experiences are to be believed there is somthing and it's good!

That said, I don't know what to believe and I don't trouble myself with it, I think there is just as much chance of there being something as there isnt and worry isnt going to change anything so it isnt worth it.

hiya i went thru this when i was at uni panicking i fought and fought and kept on going in no matter how bad i got. i got a 2.1 in the end. im now experiencing panic again at 27 and keep feeling so poo with excess acid and ibs also just had pleurisy which threw my phycotics into thinking im ill im going to die too its so hard i know. keep on fighting youll get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information