Thread: Trying my hardest to put the past in the past.

Trying my hardest to put the past in the past.

Last year wasnt too bad a year but a family prob at the end of the year brought me to breaking point just after Christmas and landed me being rushed to A & E .

Ive now unburdoned my worries to a cpn at the hospital and she has promised to get me the support im so in need of.

Luckily ive got a fantastic hubby who truly understands what im going through.

On Saturday of last week I became a mum to a gorgeous little shihtzu puppy name stanley who I know for sure is going help me loads.

Today im having a hair revamp. (Im having my purple roots done)

Im trying my hardest not to let the family problem drag me down like it has for the last 5 years.
    Its time to move on but its such a struggle.
    But at last I do feel more hopeful.
    This site is brill and its so good to go in chat and have a giggle as well as getting support.
    Cant wait to be able to post one day on success stories that at last ive been able to get on a plane.
    Just want to say thanks.

P.S. Ive told the cpn about this site and she was really impressed and has had the website address so she can reccommend it to other sufferers.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Re: Trying my hardest to put the past in the past.

Hi Lynn

Your post hit some raw nerves with me as I have had family problems for the last few years and like you ended up in hospital where everyone blamed it on smoking but I know that a big part of it was the family probs. I actually had a heart attack in the end but the so called family don't seem to care what they've done to me, only that I'm no good to them now! I have a fantastic hubby too luckily so I take comfort in that and my lovely daughter who is my most trusted friend in the world (come to think of it she's prob the only one)haha! Would love to know how much Stanley helps because I've been pestering for a dog for ages too hoping it would help and give me something else to focus on and look after.

I really hope the help you're getting does the trick, would love to be kept up to date with how you get on.

Fran

Pudding i am not being funny - but try it out - buying your self a small cuddly toy (until you can get your puppy) make the toy small enough that no one will see it in your hand - just like holding a tissue.
    BUT you will know it is your comfort.
    One person i know has made fantastic progress getting out of the house with ""her friend""
    You never know it just might help.
    Lynn i think you are the envy of everyone on here with your little dog
    Best wishes
    june

Hi Lynn,

So pleased that you are taking positive steps, I know how hard it is when a family member drags you down, but you are doing the right thing taking to the CPN. I too have a wonderful husband, but I can talk to my CPN about things I wouldn't talk to my hubby about. I think it does us good to talk to people that are not emotionally attatched at times.

I hope that you get the support that you so greatley need at the moment. Hopefully you will get a CPN that will come out on a regular basis.

Congratulations on becoming a new mum to your puppy, I am sure he will be a great distraction and give you a purpose to get up and go. Dogs are such wonderful theraputic animals (should know I have 5 at the moment!)... they should be available on the NHS One of my dogs is also called Stanley, he is a Greyhound and a life saver as he is a bllod donor! you can take a peek at him of him on this link http://www.greyhoundrescue.net/BloodDonors.htm.

I go to a resource center for people with mental health issues and also reccomend this site to them lol.

Take care, will be thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    Pudding i am not being funny - but try it out - buying your self a small cuddly toy (until you can get your puppy) make the toy small enough that no one will see it in your hand - just like holding a tissue.
    BUT you will know it is your comfort.
    One person i know has made fantastic progress getting out of the house with ""her friend""
    You never know it just might help.
    Lynn i think you are the envy of everyone on here with your little dog
    Best wishes
    june
    Oh bless you! Thanks June, what a lovely idea. Don't tell anyone but I do have one of those andrex puppies that I cuddle in bed for comfort, haha! I will try your suggestion wholeheartedly. Love Fran x

Thread Information