Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: :: Self-Help For Anxiety ::

Re: :: Self-Help For Anxiety ::

Thank you, just found the post and it is wonderful!

Well sometimes I choke, it's so bad, I mean SO bad, really loud and scares people. What makes me worse is-like you say-alcohol and smoking, smoking makes my voice deeper and alcohol dries the mouth and tongue, it's like something crawled down your throat and died the next morning (well, for me anyway).

What helps me is: thinking 'relax' when the tension rises up, taking a bath, a walk.

Just an amazing amazing post! by far one of the best to the point things i've read thus far! thank you
    also, have you read about Panic Away? It's pretty much all the stuff you listed. but they say to "demand more" in the midst of a panic attack. it's kind of like calling its bluff. it's amazing stuff.

awesome information that i think everyone needs to take in... thanks!

Thank you so much cheered me up after such an awful day, inspirational xx

I've only just joined, so still finding my way around! I think this is one of the most helpful posts I've found. Thanks x

I'm saving a copy of your post for future reference. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

thanks so much for this post it has made me think twice about going back on meds after two years my anxity and panic is creapping back went doc today and she said i should go back on paroxetine this post has helped loads xxx

Thanks for all the positive replies.

Another Update:

On the negative side I have just broken up from a 2 year relationship (only 3 days ago) and I thought I would fall to pieces, so far I am very down but have managed to still go to work with only having to have had 1 of my housecalls covered by the office to give me a little 'breathing room'. I love her dearly but she needs to go and do what young people do, Im 33 and can appreciate this.

On the positive side:

1. I now work full time as a senior careworker (yes I got promoted) on pretty decent money working approx 30+ hours a week and am a quarter of the way through my NVQ levcel 3 training to be a nurse.

2. Passed my driving test and have been through 3 cars already due to being impatient and trying to climb the ladder of 'better cars'.

3. On a fickle but self-pleasing note I have a black BMW 330 ci with cream leather interior and this makes me smile to myself and is a landmark to progress. It's only an X reg (2000 plate) but it's an asset and Im building for my future.

4. I have been to Morecambe, Barcelona and Florida in the last 2 years with my now ex-girlfriend and only had very minor anxiety when walking around these 3 places.

5. I have 1 friend who I see from time to time and we have a good friendship.

6. Im 99% anxiety clear and 90% of my health anxiety has died down also.

7. 100% medication free

Anyone reading through this please know it is possible, fight yourself without beating yourself up, resolve is everything, this is only a part of your life right now and NOT what defines you as a person, make 1 positive start and tick the goals off, in my life right now Im not happy but I have goals, a sense of purpose, now I just need someone to share it with.

Take it easy
    Last edited by CONS; 04-12-11 at 18:58.

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Thank you so much! xx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information