Thread: anxiety over "stupid things"

Exclamation anxiety over "stupid things"

recently i havent been taking as many full blown panic attacks but ive got general anxiety over stupid things like going out for lunch with a friend...going to the supermarkt..and i feel i cant do it..has anyone else been like this and does anyone have any advice..??
    thanks
    leesa

Re: anxiety over "stupid things"

Hi Leesa, Great to hear your full blown panic attacks are a lot less.

As for the general anxiety over "stupid things" , this is what general anxiety is about. I have been like it on and off for almost 3 years. You are not alone. Its like you have to dare your self to do simple things that normally you wouldnt give a second thought to, isnt it?

Advice? Keep on doing as much as you can no matter how it feels. Do it in stages or small steps. Try and not let how you are feeling, put you off. I know its not easy but a year ago I was awful and dare not go to the shops or far from the car if I went out in it. Dare not go out with anyone, not even my husband or kids. Would prefer to only go to a shop where I could park right outside and would not go far in the car either. I have cried and cried and cried through all this but I kept going, kept making myself do things, a step at a time till I felt easier with it then going a bit further and doing a bit more. That has been my way round it anyway.

Its only before Xmas that I finally dared to get a bus into town even though its only 2 or 3 miles. I said that I would try half an hour then come home again. In the event I stayed about 2 hours!! I hadnt expected that. The thing with going on the bus was that I had no-where to run to if if I felt rough. But I managed ok and will have to try it again this week.

I am still not 100% but am doing a lot better.

I hope this helps.
    Shirley

Red face Re: anxiety over "stupid things"

hi shirley..
    thanks for the advice..thats what ive been doing..gradually going to dhop etc and to the chemist..litle steps but its good to know the little steps maybe eventually get me there in the end..
    good luck
    xxx

Yes, they will get you there in the end. I have had anxiety/DP 4 times in 30 years and it has ALWAYS gone completely so it will go for you and it will leave me again too.

You are doing the right thing by doing things gradually Leesa. I had to do the same with the driving as well as going to the shops and out for lunch with a friend and to school meetings etc, well anything really. But I found driving the worst one as it involves so many other people if something goes wrong. But I took driving in small steps too untill I finally drove the 60 miles (well nearly 60 miles) to my parents and back the other week. I had not done it since Easter 3 years ago!!

Keep going bit by bit and you will get there.

Shirley

Hiya, Ye I feel like over everthing, it feels crazy but you cany help it. I feel like that in the morning when i'm taking my daughter to school, I dont why I get anxsious I'm only taking her to school. I always feel wosre in the morning anyway. I sympathize. Take care

mine at the moment is takinng my youngest to nursery on the bus i find this hard to do. i have no choice but to take her and thats my motivation i suppose. keep pushing yourself a little bit each time and im sure youll get there.

Hi Leesavee
    yes I can identify with you and diong the little things can at times seem hard and its good to see you are still getting out and its better if you take things in part acts and really clap your self on the back when you do. this will pass if you can give your self some secure messages as this is what worked for me.
    Mike

Thread Information