Thread: First day off sick...

Smile First day off sick...

Hi

I went to the Doctor this morning and she has signed me off for 2 weeks and started me on 10 mg of Citalopram. I haven't had a day off sick for 3+ years but I am physically exhausted with the stress and anxiety and this is turning to depression. It was difficult enough to wait in the waiting room as I was feeling nauseous and slightly unreal.

She advised me to rest, sleep, read a book but not just stay in..to go for walks..very impressed with the Doctor , very supportive. She has said it's my employers' problem not mine as I had told them I was pressured by my workload.

Hope to start feeling better soon. Am also waiting CBT session. On another thread suggetsion givem t o me to try hypnotherapy as I have an issue with talking and being in large groups...might just give it a go..had some hypnotherapy before which did help. How have you managed?Any successes.

Thanks for reading

Take care

rgb

Re: First day off sick...

you are doing the right thing in taking a break, you need to discuss this with your employer to see if they can give you a solution.

i left my job 2 months ago because of stress, i had worked there 10years but lately it had been pushing me to the limit with increasing workloads and reduced staff, anyway one day it all got too much and i walked.

i feel much better now tho, your health is more important than work so take whatever steps you can to help yourself

adam

That is great advice and great news.

Thanks Adam for the advice. Are you working in a different job now or still off? I am relieved I am signed off for 2 weeks so I can hopefully recuperate but as you say my health is more important than the job,

Thanks for your support too Duckie

thanks again

rgb

Quote Originally Posted by rgb76 View Post
    Thanks Adam for the advice. Are you working in a different job now or still off? I am relieved I am signed off for 2 weeks so I can hopefully recuperate but as you say my health is more important than the job,

Thanks for your support too Duckie

thanks again

rgb

no unfortunately i havent been able to find anything as yet, theres plenty of low paid jobs around but having worked at the same place since i left school im trying to aim a bit higher, try to find something that wont add to my anxiety. im not willing to compromise my health anymore.

g`luk

I agree Adam, you have to find something that won't add to your anxiety and health worries. I wonder if it's like taking a wrong turn down a dead-end road and then you have to stop and find the right road i.e. a different job?

Best wishes

rgb

Thread Information