Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Hi
    I found this forum when I was experiencing prickling in my arms, legs, face etc .... I am glad I found it, I feel relieved in some way that other's experienced the same feelings and that I wasn't imagining it .... Reading what the 1st post was a further posts calmed me down ...THANK YOU
    I have been experiencing headaches, dizziness and nausea along with the other symptoms described the Dr's tell me Migraines so am on tablets....Never read the side effects I have decided as they seem to panic me more, lol .... Thanks again for writing this thread it helped a great deal this evening when began feeling ill again

Thanks for the great thread!!!!! It has been very useful. Just one question - how are we supposed to recover - when I can't seem to do much without being so exhausted??? I know your thread mentions resting, but this is very impractical in real life. I look forward to your views on this. thanks

This post is brilliant. Can it not be a sticky?

Hi I've just found & read this thread while sitting in the doctors surgery for the 2nd visit to a doc regarding my numb/tingley fingertips!! It started weeks back with my middle finger & ring fingertips on my right hand, tried my hardest to ignore it until last weekend when I visited a client (I'm a community carer) who was diagnosed with MS around 30 after the birth of her first child, that's me except the diagnoses!!!! Alarm bells rang out how I got through the rest of the days work I dunno!!! So here I am again, nearly driving myself nuts convienced its MS! First doc who I saw last week said she thinks its carpol tunnel, ok that sounded good for 5 mins, but then MS again!!! The exact same fingers on the left hand are also funny now! So here I am waiting trying not to scream!!! Dawn xx

I don't know of you will see this or not but I'm glad this post was suggested to me.

I recently had an MRI and recueved an appointment from the neuro for januray 4 months after t scan.. I panic I think ms ESP considering my symptoms!! I ring the hospital and am told by the doctor who carried out the MRI he referred me due to my migraines and the neuro auras they produce (MRI was to be sure it wasn't Tia)..

Still ms sits in my head.. Should I get over is at doctors have
    Not mentioned It even by now? My scan was in september :-( this numb patches, twitches etc... I think about it all the time..

That article was great
    I have suffered from numbenss and tingling for the past 8 months, it started the day after i had a shoke i have aching eyes and my joints ache all the time. I have seen a neurologist and had a clear MRI but can't seem to shake of the fact i think it is MS.

I have had 'neuro' symptoms for over 26 years. I had optic neuritis in 1986 and since then everything from numb patches, sore patches, tingling, flashing lights, lack of movement in fingers, fatigue etc etc etc. I have 2 MRI scans over the years and teice seen a neurologist. After my first MRI they ruled out MS mainly because I had been symptom free for 7 years since the optic neuritis but that was assuming my other symptoms were anxiety of course. My last MRI was over 12 years ago and there was nothing new to report. My symptoms over the years have been atributed to anything from stress, anxiety to trapped nerve or compressed disc. Now I know I am an anxious person clearly this is what brought me to this site in the first place! but I cannot and do not believe my recent 'new' symptoms can be anxiety. On the 22nd October I noticed the skin on my left ankle was numb (nothing new to me, this happens) but on 9th November I suddenly (and I mean suddenly) was unable to walk properly. I am walking as if I have become flat footed. My feet slap when I walk and it appears to be what they call 'foot drop'. Walking any distance is really tiring and slow. GP has referred me back to the neurologist and requested an MRI. I have convinced myself I have MS or MND or ALS and I am in such a dark place. I had a hysterectomy last year for endometrial cancer, was diagnosed type 2 diabetic in August. I put myself on a rigid diet and exercise regime and have lost 2 stone. I am the lightest I have been in 30 years and should be ecstatic and so pleased with myself but this has just made me feel so awful and all my efforts are wasted if I am just going to end up in a wheelchair or worse. Reading the original post to this thread sounds just like I could have written it and in a small way makes me think maybe, just maybe I am not ill. But then the demons come back and I am back to googling and fitting my symptoms to what I believe. I dropped something at lunchtime and think thats another symptom and I think my right hand may be shaking a bit - I am a hopeless case and its severly affecting my relationship with my husband and 12 year old daughter. Apologies for a rambling post, I am hoping it makes me feel better to get some of this off my chest as I don't feel I have anyone to talk to.

Thanks for the original post, it was quite insightful.

I've browsed this forum for the past 6 months, looking for advice on multiple things, all cancer. I have seen posts upon posts from people worried about MS, but it's never been a concern for me, I'm not sure why, it just hasn't. But apparently my mind thought it would make a nice present for 2013, and sure enough, all of a sudden I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from this...

Reading back, compared to others, I don't even have serious symptoms, I guess. My eyelid twitches sometimes for a week or so but then it'll stop, I've never given this a second thought, until now. However, my main worry is a sort of tingling itch, which is concerning me. It's weird though, I can sit on my bed all day, doing uni work, playing games, on Skype etc, and not feel a thing. I can then get into bed and watch films for about 4 hours. I can then watch Netflix for an hour, and feel nothing. But AS SOON as I try to get to sleep, it starts. It stops me from sleeping most of the time. I actually gave up this morning, and took my dog for a walk. To say I'm someone that doesn't wake up until 2pm normally, this is a scary thought for me.

I dunno, it's probably nothing, and I'm worried for no reason, like normal. I do get bouts of pins and needles, and all the related twitching, but in the past I've put it down to anxiety, but when connecting all the dots, I'm not so sure.

This post has completely opened my eyes up, just 30 minutes before reading this I was crying and in a panicky state. Thankyou x

I have all of these symptoms and have become very weak and drained i feel so ill... My doctor has done loads of bloods... But i think my body is exhausted !

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information