Thread: Possible Addisons disease!

Possible Addisons disease!

I have had adrenal stress profile done from saliva samples and it came back that I am in exhaustive adrenal collapse My cortisol levels are low and my DHEA level is slightly high so my GP is sending me to endocrinologist to see if I have mild addisons disease.

I have had endless tests for all sorts of symptoms and while I have some problems like damaged spine this did not completely explain my symptoms and have been getting worse over the years. I read on a health anxiety support forum that anxiety over many years can wear out your adrenal glands and that alot of the symptoms of this are same as ones you get from anxiety so I decided to have this tested.

I have to wait a few weeks to see endo and don't know what tests will need to be done if any. I do not even know if you can have adrenal exhaustion and it not be addisons and neither did my GP! Gp said addisons was extremely difficult to diagnose as the symptoms unless you are very very low in which case you are very very ill are so like so many other conditions. I think she was covering herself as I had been the one who had had the test done.

Will let you all know how I get on-- have to say I am wondering if my constant anxiety has cuased this

Re: Possible Addisons disease!

My mil has addisons and has a normal life, she just completed her degree in art and having a good life.

Re: Possible Addisons disease!

thanks for replying - I have my appt in four weeks so fingers crossed

Thread Information