Thread: Are the Meds making me worse??

Are the Meds making me worse??

Hi all
    I am been taking Citalopram for 5 weeks now - I know they take a while to start working but so far my anxiety seems much worse than it was. I am extremely jumpy and an really unsettled and fidgety, going out is a real nightmare and just when my sleep had got better again - it is now worse (within the first 2 weeks of taking the meds sleep was appauling but that got better for a while) - this feels different now. I intend to see the doc in a week or so but would like any advice on here please. This all seems so silly - I feel like I should be able to control this - I know nothing bad is going to happen when I go out but I cant control the feelings and it really bothers me. I am confident,positive but at the moment I am a nervous wreck when I go out. I make myself go out at the moment - just a bit - but know that I am much happier at home

Re: Are the Meds making me worse??

hi, ive also been on citalopram for 4/5 weeks now and feel a lot worse, all the medical people keep saying i have to wait for the meds to kick in but they def will, its so hard to convice yaself that thou in it xxx

Re: Are the Meds making me worse??

Hi,

I have been taking Trazodone for 8 weeks now - I felt not good initially as got some side effects from the meds and I remember in the past taking seroxat only to get tremors for a week or two (prosac sends me nutty and I can't tolerate it).

It may be the side-effects which may get better- but I would probably tell the doctor when you see them. I keep being told that they take a while to start working and I've been takiing Trazodone for 8 weeks now and still don't feel 100%. For the first probably 4/5 weeks I didn't really feel any different and like I said got some side-effects which now seem to have gone.

Let us know how you get on.

Red face Re: Are the Meds making me worse??

Quote Originally Posted by jays View Post
    Hi all
    I am been taking Citalopram for 5 weeks now - I know they take a while to start working but so far my anxiety seems much worse than it was. I am extremely jumpy and an really unsettled and fidgety, going out is a real nightmare and just when my sleep had got better again - it is now worse (within the first 2 weeks of taking the meds sleep was appauling but that got better for a while) - this feels different now. I intend to see the doc in a week or so but would like any advice on here please. This all seems so silly - I feel like I should be able to control this - I know nothing bad is going to happen when I go out but I cant control the feelings and it really bothers me. I am confident,positive but at the moment I am a nervous wreck when I go out. I make myself go out at the moment - just a bit - but know that I am much happier at home
    am the same. 3 weeks today started on citalopram and not able to go out at all! Dr says keep taking pills... About 6 weeks to kick in properly.keep getting loads of scary sensations with makes anxiety worse. Stay strong

Thread Information