Thread: Hi just joined

Question Hi just joined

Hi im susan, im 36 with 3 kids and have extreme anxiety and depession which I find hard to live with. dont go out and have no friends. life is crap and i also have a form of colitis which is making me scared to start my meds. I just joined as need some advice about Citalopram. My CPN and doc are trying to get me to start them but I hear nothing but bad side effects. anyone have anything good to say????
    Last edited by suzyq; 18-01-09 at 16:13.

Re: Hi just joined

hi and welcome to NMP

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

HI AND WELCOME I HAVE BEEN ON CITALOPRAM FOR 3MONTHS AND AFTER A FEW SIDE EFFECTS TO START,CAN SAY I WISH ID TAKEN THEM SOONER. IWAS GIVEN THEM FOR DEPRESSION AND ACUTE AXIETY AND COULDNT DEAL WITH LIFE AT ALL,I WAS HAVING AXIETY ATTACKS/PANIC OVER THE MOST RIDICULOUS THINGS.ITS TAKEN A WHILE BUT I FEEL LIKE IM IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE ONCE AGAIN,AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME ,ACTUALLY ENJOY LIFE.EVEN THE DULL DAYS DONT SEEM SO GLOOMY ANY MORE.I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN ABOUT TAKING THESE PILLS ,BUT IF YOU TAKE THEM WITH FOOD THEY WONT UPSET YOUR STOMACH AND IT HELPS WITH SIDE EFFECTS.NOT EVERYONE GETS THEM ANYWAY .SOMETIME S FOR A SHORT WHILE TABS CAN MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE, BUT LIKE A LOT OF THINGSI TS A CASE OF NO PAIN NO GAIN.I AM SORRY YOU ARE FEELING SO BAD AT THE MOMENT BUT NOTHING IS FOREVER.HOPING YOU FEEL BETTER SOON,NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THERES ALWAYS SOME ONE HERE WHO" UNDERSTANDS.SENDING YOU LOTS OF HUGS SUZYX

hi and welcome,
    im on citalopram and havent had any side affects,was really worried about starting them too, had put takin medication off for years cause i was so scared but i wasent getting any better on my own was going round in circles,then when i started them after about two weeks i started to feel much better and started to overcome my fear of panicking in different situations,ive still got a few situations to overcome but im getting there just taking it step by step, i have a 3yr old daughter so i know how hard it is to be panicky when youve got kids,hope this helps,take care
    tanya 1 x

Hi and to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends

Hi Susan,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes

Thanx guys. your advice has been really helpful and i dont feel so alone any more knowing there are others like me out there.

XSuzyqX

Thread Information