Thread: mild but annoying anxiety

mild but annoying anxiety

Hi Everyone

On reading some posts I realise my experience is not as serious as others, but I would be very interested to hear any feedback or empathy.

I'm a worrier - not about everything - but some things really get to me. For example, the heating / plumbing / electrics in the house I get completely obssessive about - if the pipes or boiler make an unsual sound I will assume that they are about to break or leak or cause some sort of problem. Sensistivity of hearing will increase and I listen out for any change.

Similarly the first thought that comes to mind if a bulb blows is that there is some sort of dangerous fault with the electrics.

Also a rainy day will get me worrying about flooding, leaks in the house etc. Will suddenly be looking out of the window a lot, watching the clouds and checking the forecast.

I know these thoughts are irrational, they don't stop me from working (I work from home) but they make me feel uncomfortable and have disrupted my sleep on some occassions.

Does anyone else have experience of this sort of mild anxiety? I recognise it's a problem that could get worse and want to try and tackle it - without any sort of drugs.

Thanks for listening!

Re: mild but annoying anxiety

hi there...
    i had that "Mild" anxiety for years until it eventually turned into a full blown state of anxiety..and panic attacks..id advise you to go to your doctor and tell them how your feeling and see if theyll prescrie you anything..you want to nip it in the bud before it gets worse..!!!
    good luck
    xx

Re: mild but annoying anxiety

thanks for you reply - and I'm sorry to hear that.

I've previously been to my doctor and had a short course of CBT after many months of waiting. This helped me to rationalise everything but didn't really get rid of the source "feeling" - so it still comes but I have to rationalise which gets a little exhausting sometimes.

Do you mind if I ask you how yours worsened? What were the signs that things were getting more acute? How did it scale from mild to severe?

I'm really tring to judge whether or not the CBT I've done in the past is "keeping it at bay" so to speak....I wish you all the best whatever.

Thread Information