Thread: childbirth approaching and heart anxiety

childbirth approaching and heart anxiety

Hello all, I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second child, had my 1st child 5 yrs ago, labour went fine, no probs, no pain relief, no panic attacks but had lots of that before that and during pregnancy and pnd after, I feel quite anxious about birth, which i know is normal, been having etopics, id say in the last 3 weeks i have had about 5, all when i been lying in bed, i know my luungs are squasshed by baby etc, and i over breathe to get breathe and i get one, its causing a cycle of anxiety!! i cant stop thinking what if my hearts going to fail during giving birth or after, cant get it out of my head!! really scared!
    My bp is fine also
    It went really hight tho few months ago when i was anxious and doctor done loads blood tests but all was ok
    I feel so tired, even just having shower, getting ready i start to feel slight racy heart and i feel so paranoid its my heart struggling to cope, feel so down xxx

Re: childbirth approaching and heart anxiety

I started gatting palps when i was 16. Im 33 now and have avoided getting pregnant because i didnt/dont think my heart would cope. However, last September i found out i was 4 weeks pregnant and my anxiety went through the roof and beyond. Basically i was just waiting for my death in 9 months time. I ended up having a miscarriage at 9 weeks and as horrible as it sounds, i was relieved. I wouldnt expect anyone to understand how i could feel that way if they dont suffer with the anxiety that i have. Now, im absolutely heartbroken. I keep track of how many weeks/months i would be now and feel so gutted. The only comfort i have is knowing my pregnancy was an Anembryonic Gestation which mean no fetus was there and never would have been so i didnt actually lose a baby.

Mabelina xx

awwww thats so sad! do you think you will ever try again?>x

Hi April,

Ha! I was just like you several months ago! Now i have a lovely daughter. I always get ectopics and runs of funny irregular beats which scare the s**t out me. Ive had ecgs done etc... but they say nothing is wrong. When i was pregnant i really noticed it more - still the drs werent concerned.

I was just hoping i would make it through the pregnancy. I did!

You will be fine my dear. Dont worry. Good luck with the baby!

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Thread Information