Thread: does anyone know about sinusitis?

does anyone know about sinusitis?

hi all.
    ive been on here a while now and after a long time poorly (6 months) It looks like I may have chronic sinusitis.
    I have read up on it but its always good to hear personal stories as I think it helps more.
    Does anyone know anything about sinusitis? symptoms, advice etc.
    Luckily i have got an ENT appointment on Monday but having a bad day today.
    As i have been like this for a while without answers i have developed anxiety and mild depression so have a bigger battle to fight.
    Choco x

Re: does anyone know about sinusitis?

Hi Choco, I have sinusitis on and off all through the year and find that inhaling salt water up your nose helps an awful lot. Also steam inhalation with menthol and eucalyptus is very good for loosening the catarrgh. Is there anything else you would like to ask? I will be only too pleased to help if I can.

Hello Choco,

First, let me say I have been were you are, I had what I thought was chronic sinusitis. It started a few years back, I started getting headaches all the time, I had the face pressure, Pressure on the top of my head, I have a wonderful ENT He tried many different treatmeants, I also went to see an allergist, did the whole allergery work up, I am allergic to many differt things so I started allergery shots once a week. Oh also I had a CAT scan with imaging. When I had the CAT scan they found out I had a devated septum. So he thought I should have surgery to correct that, I said no!
    The only symptom I never had was runny nose or congestion. witch I always thought was weird.
    Then He thought I might have a yeast infection in my head, and with the yeast infection if it was that I would have to change my diet. It was not a yeast infection.
    I was still getting the chronic headaches, it was getting to the point where I was not able to work, they were that bad, Then the last time I went to see him he looked in my mouth again to see if I had any redness on my throat I did not, but he did notice this time my teeth, he noticed that I have been grinding them, So he started asking me different questions, he asked if I knew I was grinding my teeth, and I did not. He gave me a mouth gaurd to sleep at night, also he asked about tension in my neck and shoulders I told him I had alot, I never thought it was important to metion to him, because I always thought it was my sinus. He finaly determind after many test and months that I was suffering from chrionic tension headaches. The mouth gaurd has helpep alot.

I am sorry this was so long, and not sure what you situation is, but my Doctor did say these two conditions are so closley related, especialy if the main complaint is just headaches, that I just wanted to bring this up.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

D

Look up tmj on google, then reply what you think.......

I have sinus and that.....

hi

ddcoo - thanks, i have been trying the steam with menthol but will give the salt water a try.

*D* - this is interesting as I have also been diagnosed with TTH (Tension type headaches) so it seems similar. Have your headaches gone? What do you do to soothe them?

Choco x

Hello,

Yes, for the most part the headaches have gone away. I do use the mouth gaurd at night which has really helped. I noticed a big difference right away. I will get a headache once in a while when I am under alot of stress, I still have alot of neck & shoulder tension. It was a long process to find out what was causing the headaches, that is the only reason I meantioned it to you, because for the longest time I did not no what was causing them. Also this process messed up my stomach as well, because I was on antibioctics so much for what they thought was a sinus infection. I dont want anyone else to have to go through this if they do not have to. If you have any questions I will be glad to help.

D

Thread Information