Thread: if the symptoms are anxiety..are they real?

if the symptoms are anxiety..are they real?

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone can answer my question. If symptoms of tingling, muscle twitches etc are being caused by anxiety, then are they real or imaginary... I definitely get these symptoms on my left arm and leg but do i need a shrink if I think im experiencing something which isnt real..?? colnfused. mmmmmmm.

Re: if the symptoms are anxiety..are they real?

They are very real indeed! The thing is they are not life threatening or anything suspicious.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

yeah I'd agree they are real symptoms.

Tingling and spasms are all part of anxiety. The first thing that happens when I get anxiety is tingling in my lft hand. You might want to read the book "It's Not All In Your Head: by Gordon Asmundson. It talks about the reality of our symptoms and is probably the best book on health anxiety ever published.

Yes they are real. The symptoms of physical anxiety mimic those of MS so well because it is the same part of your nervous system that is affected.

The biggie here is that you have to realise that the symptoms of MS are actually caused by an underlying organic ailment whilst the causality of the physical anxiety symptoms is purely from the mind and emotions. Once a thorough understanding of the mind-body link is understood this makes perfect sense.

the twitchings are real as you can see and feel them and I have them on and off and once I got to realise they are not dangerous but can be very frightening they ease up.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    the twitchings are real as you can see and feel them and I have them on and off and once I got to realise they are not dangerous but can be very frightening they ease up.
    Mike
    This to shall pass

Thread Information