Thread: Hope I`m Not The Only One!

Red face Hope I`m Not The Only One!

Hi,

Can anyone relate to this? I am well on my way to recovering from anxiety but I do still get the odd symptom especially just before my period.
    The one symptom that bothers me the most is the slight dizziness which comes on instantly and goes just as quick. I sometimes get a weird sensation while driving but only when I stop the car like at traffic lights or when I`ve reached my destination, It feels like I`m still moving. I`ve also had this movement feeling when sitting still. It really bugs me and my doctor`s not worried about it. Other than this I am fit and healthy. I take Prozac due to my anxiety which has been brought on by Post Traumatic Stress but I had the dizziness before I was put on meds and my doctor said it was the stress.
    I`d just like to hear from anyone who feels the same?

Tanya xx

Re: Hope I`m Not The Only One!

Hi Tanya,

I get the feeling that im still moving quite often, like when i get out of a lift, off an escalator etc, also when i had 'full' ears I used to feel like that, went to docs after being on a boat and then that night i felt like i was still on it whenever i closed my eyes, turned out i needed my ears syringing...lol!

Your not the only one hun, im sure quite a few of us anxiety sufferers get this one.

Cassi xxx

no your not the only one
    i too am getting much betta with anx but round my period time i go really down bank
    have always thought that hormones play a big part in anx .
    stay strong and keep fighting
    sandra
    xxxxxx

Hello, it's now 2 years since my first major panic attack. I am recovering very well after a traumatic couple of years and can relate totally to everything you have said!

Even though I am a million times better than I was, I do still have repeat symptoms at the same time in my cycle each month. I started to take Starflower Oil capsules (one a day, from healthfood shops) and these have helped enormously. (They moderate your hormones, apparently).

One thing that helped me is the first (and only) ambulance crew I called out! They educated me about 'real' symptoms and how things can seem really bad when they're actually not much at all. They said that a bad headache can cause temporary paralysis for instance - but it doesn't mean you're ill, or that you'll have any lasting effects. Stress, panic and anxiety cause very frightening symptoms - I find the best defence is to keep telling myself that if we all have the same symptoms, then there's nothing so unusual happening to me...once I think like that, I find the symptoms start to go away!

hope this helps, take care, x

Hey!

Thank you soooo much! Can`t say more than that! i`ll take it all on board!

Tanya xx

Hi

You certainly aren't the only person who gets this I get this quite often especially when I get out of the car it feels like I am on a escalator. I also get it sometimes when I am laying in bed and it can be quite unpleasant.
    I get this symptom quite often but I have to say it is always worse at the time of my period, I think it is all to do with the hormones.

Carol

Thread Information