Thread: sweating

sweating

i was just wondering if anyone suffered from excessive sweating? its driving me mad at the moment as i have to keep changing my clothes. Even when i'm freezing cold i still seem to sweat. No really sure if there is anything i can do. I would appreciate any advice.

Re: sweating

hi claire sorry cant give any advice ,but i can sympothise with u . i get lots of funny looks as i run round the supermarket in my vest top while eveyone else has thick coats hats , gloves,an scalfs on !
    all the best
    sandra xx

hi claire,i used to get sweaty when i used to be really stressed and panicking all the time,you can ask your doctor for a special roll on deoderant to help,you put it on at night ,only thing is cant remember what its called,will try to find out for you
    tanya 1x

hi

im always roasting hot and hate things with sleaves as i get too hot and sweat

ur not the only one - i just keep deo in my bag - just makes u feel more confident

x

Hi Claire

What kind of deoderant do you wear? I found with sprays, i would sweat more but i now use the 'Dove cream' and it seems to work wonders.

Best of luck

Lisa
    x

thanks for your messages.

I also found that i sweat more with sprays and i do use dove cream now but even though it seemed to work for a while it doesn't anymore

This is called hyperhydrosis.
    I have had some success treating this using hypnotherapy, as the process is driven unconsciously, and certainly made worse by anxiety ie you fret, you sweat, then you fret some more!
    Warning!!! some doctors want to refer you to a proceedure of surgery (SHEESH!!) to sever nerves to sweat glands, no matter how desperate you are, and how good this sounds, it is a major major risk and is NON reversible!!
    Many of you suffer this due to anxiety, so go and seek out a registered hypnotherapist and NLP (neuro linguistic programmer) maybe some EFT(emotional freedom technique) TFT (thought field therapy)
    it can all help.
    think of this as a mind thing, even though it has physical effects,want proof?
    think of someone you really fancy and imagine a tender moment with them or think of a time you were crushed with embarrasment, these things will make you sweat more yet they are not happening now are they? NO, you are just imagining them, but they bring about sweating, your mind stops and starts sweating.
    wishing you all well!

Hi Clare

You have my sympathies. There are some products out there which are aimed at people who suffer from this condition. You could search for Hyperhydrosis online and it will bring some up. One which I quite like is called Odaban. They have a website where you can buy online and they deliver in discrete packaging. There are others out there, it's just finding one which works for you.

I suffer from the same thing - there are lots of treatments available, botox is one of them!

Try this forum for advice:

http://www.verysweatybetty.com/forum/

Thread Information