Hi,

I have suffered with health anxiety since around March last year. It started when I fainted at the Doctors whilst having a blood sample taken and then when I came round I fainted again. This knocked me for six and I have suffered on and off since. My husband in the same week got dianosed with type 1 diabetes, a friends husband had a stroke a woman across the road died of cervical cancer, it was hurrendous and really scared me and made me think my time is nearly up.

I suffered with chronic anxiety for months, no Doctor actually told me but a friend said that I could be suffering with depression/anxiety/stress, I had no clue what the symptoms were so researched it and that's how I sussed it.

In July I had a weird period pain type ache, I went to the Doctors and she prescribed some heavy duty pain killer. That did no good, I ended up having my coil removed thinking it was that, it wasn't. I started having IBS symptoms, as soon as I would get up I would rush to the toilet, so I was prescribed something for that, to no avail. I was referred to the hospital for a vaginal scan, but the symptoms stopped so I cancelled the appointment as the thought of going to hospital was making my anxiety even worse. Anyway everything really improved and I found I had gone for at least 5 months feeling normal, it was fantastic, until.....

Last Tuesday I started with this period pain type lower abdominal ache again so I rang Doctors and made an appointment, the earliest I could see a Doctor was Wednesday 4th Feb 09. Anyway Wednesday morning I got up and within minutes of getting up felt as though I was about to faint, I sat in the garden in -5 temperatures in my PJ's until the sensation subsided. The rest of the day I felt really unwell, feverish but no temperature and stomach ache around my belly button and in my back just above my pelvis, flu like symptoms and I felt sick. It was not a severe sharp pain just an ache I didn't affect anything else in that there was no blood in my urine or stools etc. I rang the Doc's and they managed to give me an appointment that morning. I felt hurrendous prior to going at 10.50 I drove to the Doc's with a jumper on, zip-up hoody and my thick coat on, my hands were freezing and my heart was racing. The Doctor examined me and in the end has referred me to have an x-ray. I have not had the x-ray yet as I was partly putting it off and also it was hard to find the time around the kids as I wanted to go on my own. Friday night I was popping paracetamol and same on Saturday, we went round to friends last night and I hardly noticed it which made me think it could be anxiety. As I am sat here, I can feel it like a period pain, my back is aching a little. I have convinced myself that it's something life threatening and I am terrified that they are going to turn round to me and say its cancer your not going to make summer. Then on the other hand I am thinking surely if it was serious I would feel really ill and not gradually better, surely I would have discharge, blood or other such like nasties in my urine etc. I am so terrified but know I have to go to put my mind at rest. The worst of it is that I am married to a soldier and we live in Germany so its a German practice I have to go to for the x-ray. The Germans are renouned for being blunt which also scares the bee geebers out of me, I don't feel its imadginary its quite real.

Has anyone else had similar symtoms. Sorry for the long tale, this is my first time on here just found it and so far just reading some of the site I feel quite assurred.

Thanks. x