Thread: Symptoms when not anxious?

Symptoms when not anxious?

Does anyone get symptoms like numb hands and feet or aches and pains even when they are not feeling particulary anxious? I have suffered with recurring health anxiety for years but right now it isn't that bad (at least I am not consumed with it) but I am still having physical symptoms. Any thoughts?

J2

Re: Symptoms when not anxious?

Yes I do. I consider myself almost cured (although not quite otherwise I wouldn't be on here right now) but even when I'm relaxed and not at all anxious I get symptoms (like pins and needles in feet and hands especially before sleep), and I know it's anxiety related because when I think about something else it goes away. It happens when I'm tired or stressed or something.

I've read somewhere in an amazing book from a very famous author (someone every one on this website probably knows but I can't remember her name, but she's changed my life!!) that the physical symptoms are last to go away. Oh yeah Dr Claire Weekes

Hey, yeah, i still have Health Anxiety, but even on "good" days, when im happy, i still have weird pains and get worried again..sucks:s

Yes even when I don't feel anxious I still feel incredibly sick. Don't know why but it's annoying as I have a phobia of being sick

Apparently, physical symptoms of anxiety can still exist even when you are not anxious, because I suffer from them.Check out itoldyouiwasill's thread on these things, he speaks a lot of sense and we'd do well to read up on them,
    (I hope he does not mind)-it's been a help to me.
    Tony

Thread Information