Thread: games

games

i have found that if i have those panicy feelings coming along with the dark thoughts playing a game seems to help. takes my mind off it. and that seems to take the edge of it.

Re: games

What kind of games- video games? I think any distraction does help. The worst thing is sitting with nothing occupying your mind as you cannot help dwelling on things.

All the best

Nechtan

Games really help me as well... they help me chanel my thoughts into something, rather than my symptoms....

I am, at the moment edicted to the card games on my mobile phone

ive also used these on plane journeys and this stops me panicking on the journey

Anything that distracts you is good i guess.
    I find it hard to do crosswords etc when I feel anxious, but games or anything fun that takes your mind off what's going on is good

mick

video games and drawing eliminate panic for me completely. but when I finish playing or drawing, panic returns.

I make up stories in my head. it's like escaping to someplace else and then i write the story's down.
    also guided visualization helps too.
    when i was small my mother would talk about the beach while i was falling asleep. I used to love that pretending i was falling asleep on the sand listening to the ocean

I felt realy rough last year and started to play an oline game I had enjoyed a few years ago. It really helped for the odd hour or so to really switch off.

I play a lot of xboxb 360 when Im anxious. It really does help. I also find singing helps.

Thread Information