Thread: My heart is fading.

My heart is fading.

I have gotten over my panic attacks but now I'm stuck in this never ending rage. I'm acting mean and I'm normally very friendly. I don't like being mean and I don't want to stay like this.

Re: My heart is fading.

hi hun,are you on any med ? as i have found that my med for panic attacks and anxiety has made me so short tempered and i have two little ones so its really hard to control,either stop the med and have the banging headaches or carry on and have a temper ? how are you coping ?

I never was on meds, I fought off the panics myself.

Well done you. What I found interesting is your use of the word "fight".
    I have heard it say that the more you fight something/suppress it or try and erase it the more of it you create. Maybe this anger is a build of all you are trying to suppress?

I have been seeing a therapist recently and I said I had had quite a lot of anger recently and she said that it was probably more resistance than anger. I said I felt like a failure for having the anger, when I had felt I was making so much progress prior and she said that although I was feeling angry it was probably more a case of my subconscious trying to hold onto old coping mechanisms......that actually when resistance is greatest can be the moment we are closes to making headway. Maybe this is the case for you?

How have you been fighting your panic attacks? Maybe if you stopped looking at it like a "fight" but "accepted/surrendered" to what was there in your mind and then stepped away from it and chose to act differently you might feel differently too?

If this makes no sense to you then sorry. I am just like you and would hate to mirror any of my stuff onto you!

If it all gets too much then reach out to a professional. They really can help you help yourself.

Good luck

Thread Information