Thread: extremely tired!!

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member

extremely tired!!

I've been feeling a little tired since I started taking Citalopram 3 weeks ago and I know that this is a pretty common syptom but is it supposed to leave you feeling like you can't get up? I've been having a few good days this week but today my head is aching I've got ache's and pains in my muscles (like I'm coming down with a cold or flu or something), I just want to curl up into a ball and go to sleep.

I haven't felt this bad since I before I got diagnosed. I'm at the doctors tomorrow to see how I am on the meds and don't know what to say. I seem to be up and down like a yoyo. Today isn't so much the emotional stuff it's more physical and I feel exhuasted when really I haven't done anything today, I've been trying to get motivated by doing some cleaning but I just don't have the energy.

I just want to know does anyone else feel like this? Will it pass?

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

hi Claire,

The way you feel is pretty normal. Though you have been on the meds 3 weeks, your body is probably still getting used to them. I think you need to give them more time..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Claire,

I agree it takes a while for anti-depressants to start work affectivly give them a chance and you should feel much better!

I started on sertraline two weeks ago and I know that it may take a while till I feel better. I have PTSD! bad sledding accident!

But I am getting better hope you do too!!!!! [^]

Brandy

"Never give up the Fight!"

Hi Claire,

I know exactly how you feel and yes I believe it will pass. I started on Citalopram 20mg about 6wks ago and after 4weeks was just like a yoyo too so had a review and they were upped to 40mg.
    I have found the tiredness of not being able to get has now totally subsided and in my case gone the other way - I don't seem to be able to switch off at all and I'm now running on very little sleep at all! I also went a bit manic for a few days but again this has subsided.

Not to say this will happen to you but everyone just keeps assuring me that the tablets take a while to get into your system and settle things down! I did overcome a situation yesturday which 6weeks ago would have had me in a complete state therefore I came to the conclusion that although I still cannot motivate myself properly that small situations which would have caused anxiety before maybe doesn't now quite so much.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today and good luck at the drs. I find those review appointments very hard - I hope it isn't too stressful for you.

All the best and i will be very intersted to hear how you get on - you sound from this and other posts quite similar to me!

Sax

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Well that is me back from the doctors, she has decided to keep me on the citalopram 20mg for another 4 weeks to see how I go and has put me forward for CBT. She isn't sure how long the waiting lists are here but at least the wheels are in motion.

I have posted another message (could this be my problem?) basically just asking if I maybe had PTSD. I discussed this with my doctor today and she thinks this is very probable. She suggested relaxation tapes, breathing exercises and books on stress and panic disorders. I told her that I already had Claire Weekes book on audio tape and she said that was good, I also told her about this website and she said that she'd heard of it[Wow!].

The doctor I had was really nice in an un-partrinising way which makes me feel better.

She's assured me that I will get better and just to keep telling my self this, I'll try.

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

I think it's good that you're giving the meds a bit more time. Hope you start to feel al little better soon!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Thread Information