Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

Re: Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

Hey guys thanks ever so much for the imput, i've definately decided i WILL NOT be taking this route, i don't really wanna rely on any substance to aid me sleep, i came close with Nytol, Syndol (because they make me drowsy) and alcohol at one point. I will put my faith in the meds which will hopefully deal with my anxiety and in turn aid my insomnia nightmare.

Thanks again.x

Just wanna give you's an update, its been about a month since i posted this thread and thankfully i am now sleeping soundly AT LONG LAST! I do still wake up through the night occasionally but have no trouble getting back off, its such a relief. So anyone who is experiencing insomnia as an initial side effect to meds, don't lose faith it DOES pass. (well it did for my anywayz)

Phoennixxs11 x

Glad you didn't choose the cannabis route.

I was a heavy smoker for the last 12 years of my life and I think it is the root cause of all my problems now.

Its one hell of a nasty drug, its so strong now that it surely does cause long-term damage even though you can't see it initialy.

I've done 7 weeks off the stuff now and even though i'm not missing it at all, its seriously screwed my head up. No memory, can't handle my emotions (now I have some again after 12 yrs of no emotions) - lost too much weight through no apetite, very paranoid about been round people, no motivation, no self-confidence, anxious....the list goes on.

What a nightmare!

Challangerchris, Woah! Thats some bad things to get over, but i'm sure with perserverance you'll conquor it! I'm glad i chose not to try it, i should know by past experience illict substances don't agree with me lol. Keep your chin up its gotta pass soon. Has your doctor adviced you on the best ways to deal with these problems? Meds?

Take care, phoennixxs.

Cool Re: Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

For very occasional sleep problems, it can be a blessing. One thing none of the other posters mentioned, is that there are two disctinclt different lines of cannabis, with very different, high recognized patterns of effect. Due to varying amounts of THC(main activie component) and CBD(secondary active component. "Sativa" cannabis has a generally giddy/cerebral/"enlightened effect,which can induce anxiety or restlessness. "Indicta" cannabis has a higher amount of CBD, and generally has a heavy/stoned/ethargic effect - those varieties are what is used for medicinal marijuana, for chronic pain relief. Anxiety can arise from Indicta use if one decides they would like to do something, adn conclude they are too stoned...the felling is referred to as "couch-lock". Not bad if you are in bed, terrible if you desperately need to get off you seat and go somewhere. And getting some of the right variety is difficult, unless you have a dealer friend who is sensitive to your issues and very helpful

Basically it is not bad for once very week or two, but it can become psychologically addicting(and is illegal in most parts of the world).. Melatonin is a lot safer, and Chinese skullcap works nicely for some people.

Glad you are getting more rest.

Peace

Its up to yourself. I actually smoke the odd spliff at night if im finding it hard to sleep, it helps me drift off to sleep no problem. I prefare a bit of hash instead of skunk
    Last edited by brady; 11-12-09 at 15:23.

my theory; it enhances what youre already feeling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information