Thread: Feeling human again......

Feeling human again......

Christmas time for me was awful to say the least, I was having several panic attacks a day and stayed in the house for the whole of the holiday. On the 5th January I returned to work in a terrible state I had every symptom known to man and thought I was losing my mind... The thought of returning to work put the fear of god into me however due of the current financial crisis asking for time off wasn't an option, so for two weeks I sat at my desk in total fear and anxiety and as a result of that in strange way I accepted that If I was going to die from my symptoms I would have to do it at my desk.
    As each day passed the symptoms started to lessen, Instead of running away from my desk I carried on working, I still felt terrible and wanted to cry but at the same time a part of me just gave in and said ( Do your worse). I stiil have the dreaded symptoms and i'm far from being cured but I do believe that i've actually grown tired of fearing the fear.
    I don't leave the house without my wonderfull Rescue Remedy(A tip I got from Here) and I still find myself feelling my pulse to check i'm still breathing but despite those horrible habbits something in me has changed.
    I know i'm not cured but for the first time in five years i'm feeling nearly but not quite human again... and I thank you all for the support you given me over the past few months.

Kathryn xxxx

Re: Feeling human again......

Well done, keep it going

so glad you are feeling better and that you can recognise how we can recover ad how we can influence how we feel for the better

Well done Kathryn , its nice to hear people to do get better !!!

What you wrote Kath just sounded so much like a chapter I'd just read in Claire Weekes book Self Help for your Nerves. She said the first step is acceptance, when we have truely accepted our anxiety we set about not worrying about all the symptoms because they are all caused by our head and the release of adrenalin. I too have a bottle of rescue remedy, whilst not an out and out cure it definately helps at times to take the edge off the anxiety. Good luck and hope you continue on your road to recovery.

well done kath . really chuffed for u . i also feel so much betta now i have accepted i am wot i am .
    sandra
    xx

Well done Kathryn! What you did was so brave. You should be very proud of yourself. It's good to know all the advice about facing your fears instead of running away from them really does work.

Thread Information