Thread: Relationships - Do actions really speak louder than words ?

Relationships - Do actions really speak louder than words ?

Hello Folks

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

One of the major factors that makes me very low, is my relationship.
    I feel a complete bitch for even writing that but it is all getting too much.
    He has been by my side while I have been ill, for over 7 yrs.

Basically, my chap treats me with tenderness and devotion. Yeah, I know what's the problem then!

My point is this he shows he cares in many ways, but with actions, never words. He is more than happy to give hugs and make a nice dinner if im working. But, I ache to hear him actually SAY something, about me and how he feels. I think this would really help me feel loved. I have told him that his words are important to me. But, nothing.

I feel like his comfy slippers not his woman. I don't mean to sound harsh, but well, im so sad being nothing special. I was to him once.

What do you think ????

I hope someone answers cos it took real balls to dare post this eeeek I feel sooooooo guilty already.

Cheerio
    Julia
    Last edited by Hope 2; 12-02-09 at 21:00.

Re: Relationships - Do actions really speak louder than words ?

I suppose it's all about how you feel isn't it. Like you say, some people would be wondering what the problem is, but it's obviously bothering you.

The best thing to do is talk to him about how you feel. Otherwise it's just gonna eat away at you. You say you're like comfy slippers, so try bringing some romance and excitement back and show him what a woman you can be!! ;-)

I know exactly what you mean!

I havent been together with my bf for very long, and he is tender and caring etc. I get my hugs and he makes tea and gets me wine which is great =) But I feel like I really need him to say to me ''I love you so much ..'' or ''you are really special to me'' anything so I knew how he felt!

It does make you feel guilty admitting that doesnt it? But at the end of the day, it sounds like a loving relationship one way or another so you may just have to accept that words arent his thing!

Also its a good idea from smiley - maybe you could say loving things, he might say it back! (just dont get stressed like me if he doesnt! :P) and try and shake things up elsewhere in your relationship to bring back a bit of the excitment!

hiya jules, well im the same but other way around lol mine tells me all the time but i would love him to show me more.

ive told him time and time and he tries but thats as good as it will get it think, i think sometimes we have to accept our blokes for how they are or move on and i have had this dilemma before as u know, but i know now that wot i do have is more than alotof people and i perhaps may get the bits i need from him in another relationship, but if i dont have the other bits with it that my hubby does give me then it wouldnt work for me so i guess u have to deicde wots imprtant to u. hugs and always here for chat xxx

Thread Information