So this is my story... My names Tim, I'm 25 and work as an insurance broker. My problem strted about 2 years ago. I used to drink all the time, party hard and work hard.

One stupid night I'd tried cocaine....which led to me having the feeling of having a heart attack....a hospital trip later and I was fine, a panic attack they said. I did not understand?!? That's for wussys right?!? So began the worst 2 years of my life.

Immediately I was constantly checking my pulse due to feeling "funny".... Then started the palpitations....the feeling of my blood in my chest suddenly turning to concrete... Crushing my chest, blurry vision and shaking violently...fearing the worst. Trips to two cardiologists followed. All clear they said. Then followed a good month...veryfew palps!!!

Then i broke up with my gf, it all got 100 times worse. Palps whenever I ate, after drinking was the worst, unbelieveable palps, so I stopped drinking booze. This led on to quitting smoking to stop them, then to no more coffee, then to no fizzy drinks, then to no chocolate, then to no artificial sugars. Yet still.....every night, every day, every time i excercise I get these palps....which are sometimes so severe they lead to full on panic attacks....

They are ultra bad and scary after excercise or "intercourse"!!!!! when your thinking your heart should NOT be doing this when its beating fast....It's taken nearly my whole life away. I am seeing a pyschotherapist on Monday in harley street. I've had 24, 48 hour holter tapes, numerous ecgs, scan of heart.....all clear yet still I feel far from right. My pulse goes mental when I drink alcohol, when I'm having palps it's like my heart goes into fast mode. Like a car when u start it when cold, the engine runs faster, thats what i feel like....like everythings running fast...then suddenly as fast as it starts it stops. A steady 100 bps I reckon with horrible palps until I get so tired I sleep. I'm just fed up and the amount of times I have been on here reassuring myself is unreal.

This website is used every day by me and its a lifesaver. I just wanted to share my story....I feel for everyone on here. Coz we r the only people who understand what it's like. How terrible it can b and how even when love ones try to understnad, they cant. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.

Anyway!!! I'm having palps as I write...so I'm going to cough, burp, and drink cold water and try to distract myself!!! If anyone replies i'd love to chat to other similar people that are going through this hell!!!

Stay Panic free people. ;-)
Tim x