Thread: Reflux or something worse? Terrified

Reflux or something worse? Terrified

Hello All

Long story short well here it goes
    In July 08 I was having panick attacks this all started by a stomach ache accompanied by diareahh and metalic tasting burps and a pain inthe pit of my stomach that would not go away accompanied by a CONSTANT lump in my throat, was told I had gastritis and took a month worth of Omeprezole. This helped with stomach ache a bit but the lump in the thraot was constant. This lump has now dissaperad not sure if it was anxiety or Gerd.

Been back to the GP at least 7 maybe 8 times as I want to know whats wrong with me and although my GP is excellent I cant belive anything he says. He has examined my tummy on a few occasions. CBT therapy has not helped me.

After going back (ps been taking Citroplam for my anxiety since July) as I was convinced I had a hital hernia etc etc my GP sent me for Barium swallow to ease my mind about the throat and heartburn etc - I have been heartburn 3-4 times a week and according to DR Google I was convinced.........

Barium Swallow showed 'Reflux Only'

Im still taking omperozole once a day, This has banished ALL the heartburn but now i get the following:

Regurgitauin of food sometimes after I eat (worse after big meal and when I bend forward)
    Excess Burping
    Flatuance
    Churning Sounds in my stomach
    Excess gas
    3-4 Bowel Movemnets a day - Mostly lose
    Rectum Gurggling
    Throat gurggling after I swallow liquids
    Bloating feeling
    Pain in my chest - Heavy achy feeling and hurts more when I breath in (no cough or anything tho)

Sorry to bang on but I have been suffering since July im terrified the GP has missed something, I spend half of my life obsessing whatis wrong with me, Im so scared.
    Im 27 healthy otherwise although im overweight 5:1 weigh 12.5, Smoke only 3-4 a day.

Re: Reflux or something worse? Terrified

oh i fogot to mention that i have also had breath test for h ployri which was negative

IBS?

Yeah I was begining to think maybe I had IBS - But then I was thinking can IBS cause food to come back up after I have eaten?
    Its not like proper vomit but my mouth will fill with food with no warning causing me not spit out (sorry to be so graphic) I dont heave or anything it will just travel up with a burp.............
    Im so scared

Sounds like the anxiety thing to me, i experienced all that , when i stopped obssesing about it , it went , then i moved onto other things and they came and went. Like you i was convinced the doctor had missed something and i was there every week with something different. I am now learning that it is anxiety and the symptoms are getting less and less. Maybe a change of meds is needed for you, have another chat with your gp hope all goes well x

Hello Again All

Im feeling so down with all my tummy/reflux problems, I just dont belive it is anxiety as been going on since July and errrrrrrrrrr Im fed up with it, I hope the light at the end of this suffering is close, Im so fed up with thinking I have something wrong with me all the blo***y time!

Thread Information