Thread: Antibiotics

Antibiotics

Antibiotics. Do you feel under the weather when taking them? I am taking Cefalexin and just don't feel great though the original symptoms have gone. Nothing specific, just slight nausea and feeling off colour and can't be bothered with anything. Do you think it will improve as adjust to them(only into my third day of 5) or get worse. Sometimes I long for a stretch of good health but there always seems to be something lurking.......that I have to keep googling about! thanks for reading.X Great site!

Re: Antibiotics

I have used Cefalexin alot in the past and it made me nauseous for a few days but the further in to taking the tablets, the better it got. It used to upset my tummy a bit too. Hope you feel well soon

I had Cefalexin in Sept 08 and it gave me really bad dizziness and diarrhoea and I had to stop taking it after 3 days (on the doctors advice I hasten to add).

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Guys, Just remember when taking antibiotics make sure to take a probiotic (3 hours after the antibiotic) to replace all the good bacteria in your gut. While antibiotics kill all the bad stuff, it also kills all the good stuff - so if you have problems with nausea - it will only make you feel worse. So go to a good naturopath, herbalist or pharmacist and ensure you get a good probiotic with at least 25 billion live bacteria. Oh and keep it in the fridge else they will not be as effective.

Hi, Antibiotics kill off all your gut flora...so that makes the nauseous, bloated, sluggish and feeling off colour symptom. Cefalexin can also cause a nasty tasting sensation (which i always find myself). I say bear with it, so long as you dont get a rash or any allergic type symptoms. you should start to feel better real soon

With the pro-biotic supplements i dont personally recommend taking them along with the antibiotics because antibiotics tend to kill the bacteria in that too. I suppose if you want to try a pro-biotic supplement try it 24-48 hours after you stop taking the antibiotics as they should be out of your system. Hope you feel better soon x

Thread Information