Thread: confused about doc's advice

confused about doc's advice

I was having really bad side effects on 15mg of Zispin...doc told me to halve dose, then next night quarter dose....couldn't reach him to ask about whether to stop, so on advice of his nurse left it off last night....He called me earlier and told me off for not taking it...I had assumed he was taking me off it- but he wants me to keep taking a quarter!!! He was really mad at me, saying that I told him it has helped my depression (which it did) but I had pins & needles & felt dizzy and dopey all day for the 10 days I was taking it, and eventually feeling my worst I passed out on Saturday....so naturally I assumed he was taking me off it (am on 10mg of Cipralex which helps to a degree) I am in a quandry about taking a quarter tonight, as I have been having withdrawl for 2 days, and today started to feel a bit better....HELP! is there a voice of sanity that can help!!!!!

Re: confused about doc's advice

I was on Zispin a long time ago and i had exactly the same syptoms. In the end they changed my medication, because i felt worse rather than better. I know it sound silly but not all mediaction works for everyone ive had to test a few out before i got the one that helped me and even now i think i need to change again.

Thanks for that, just to please him I have taken a quarter (at least I will sleep tonight!)
    Did you feel less depressed but more anxious on Zispin? I felt extremely strange - as well, but he kept saying it would wear off....but I am not going to even take a quarter if I feel weird on it tomorrow!
    Cheeers

If you passed out on Saturday that would be enough for me to stop taking it. Maybe the two meds together aren't interacting very well. The gp is obviously cross tapering you onto the new med.

See how you go but if you are having bad effects from a medication then y our doctor has to take that on board.

Thread Information