Thread: Beating heart on yahoo...

Beating heart on yahoo...

Does anyone else find this disturbingly graphic?
    Every time I open my yahoo messnger there it is it makes me feel sick.
    I have had to set my yahoo so it doesn't open the extra page.
    Like the other poster I think these health promotions and scare tactics are going way too far.............

Re: Beating heart on yahoo...

Nobody else seen it??? wow... 20 views and not one reply.............

Hi Trapped, I haven't seen that one! I have been SO good not googling anything for a week as it was scaring the life out of me!

Everything is becoming way too graphic...what have they put it up for? Is it for heart disease or something?

Think it is a Prevention of Heart Disease Campaign......went to docs for BP yesterday and there are these posters up all over waiting room!! Hearts and arteries etc..you know the scene. by the time I had waited half hour in there my BP was not so great, so I have been posting in a panic!! Awareness is great to get people checked but for the likes of us it is a living nightmare.!!! XX PS I change channels as soon as I hear the start of the heart and stroke awareness adverts!!

My son who is 15 and has no anxieties came to me and said Mum those stroke adverts are sick, don't watch them, I am really fed up with it all, thanks for your replies chaps.

Hello Trapped,

My sister, who is "normal" lol, can't stand the stroke adverts! I honestly think that TV and the media has gone mad using scare tactics. I understand that they want to make people more aware of dangers etc but I really do wonder how far they're going to take it all.

You're not alone - I think there are lots of people who feel the same way.

My family laugh at me when I tell them I want to run away to the middle of nowhere and live in a tree in the middle of a field lol! Sad thing is that's easier said than done when you're agoraphobic eh? Hey ho!

That beating heart on my bt yahoo home page freaks me out i cant bear to look at it i thinks its gross.

I too hate that beating heart advert, not the sort of thing you need to see when your biggest anxiety is heart issues, also the stroke one has effects on me as my father in law has recently had a stroke and we have to visit the stroke unit on a regular basis. I HATE IT!!!!!!! I get sweaty, light headed, shivery, pounding heart you name it I get it.

Thread Information