Thread: any1 been put on mirtazapine(zispin) tablets

any1 been put on mirtazapine(zispin) tablets

i went to the doctors today with major anxiety and depression,im reading that there used for sleep aswell and really make u drowsy ,any1 had any bad side affects like sickness?

Re: any1 been put on mirtazapine(zispin) tablets

Hi Shelly

Have you seen the forum dedicated to this medication?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Maybe some answers in there for you. Sorry if you have seen it already and I am stating the obvious!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

no i havent saw it thanks xxx

I was on mirtazapine for just under a year. I dont take it now. I posted a lot in the mirtazapine forum. It is like any medication it has its good and bad points. I found it very hard to withdraw from and put on loads of weight whilst on it. The drowsiness should wear off in the first few weeks. The effects of sleepiness at night are usually seen only in the lower doses. Best wishes.

I've been on it for about 7 years. Ok, it causes weight gain but on the plus side it has helped me sleep. I'm now reducing my dosage and it's going ok. I tried to come off it about 4 years ago without success but that was because the depression was still there, not that it was hard to come off. Do keep us posted.

I have been taking mirtazapine for quite some time, along with other medications. I haven't really had many problems with it and it seems to work well for me,

Good luck xxx

Turned me into a zombie but at the time I was ok with that as I was so depressed I didn't really want to "feel" anything and was happy to sleep. Only thing is I started to withdraw too much from people so stopped them.
    Then took Citalopram (can't spell). Felt more alert on this. Coming off those now too.
    Most people have said to me that sometimes you need to try a few to get the one that's right for ya.

Good luck

My friend is on these and he has totally changed (for the good). He had tried all the SSRI meds and none of them worked him. He has really turned his life around and is now living a happy life. If you met him a few months earlier you would have thought that this is not the same person.

Hi,

I have been on Mirtazapine for about 2yrs now. I started on 15mg then increased to 30 then 45mg which is what I currently take. The sedative effects after taking them have been the same with all doses, they are not anymore sedative at higher dose. They increase my appetite but do absolutely bugger all for my mood. I am sick of taking them because I want to feel anti-depressed from medication.

As the others have said though, everyone reacts differently so I hope they help to lift your mood.

Freaky

Hi I was put on Mirtazapine in 2005. It knocked me out at night. The 1st night I took it no-one told me what it would do, I could hardly get upstairs.You get used to it after a bit. you put weight on because your appetite is boosted but I had to come off it because I was allergic to it like I am with most things

Thread Information