Thread: Ectopics Update People

Ectopics Update People

GOOD EVENING ALL... hope we are all doing well or as well as possible.

Ok as i promised im now keeping all you unfortunate people who suffer with ectopic heartbeats up to date with my experiments and findings....(THE GUINNEA PIG)....

Ive picked up my medication today at long last, had a busy week but anyway its now in my possession.....yeeeer.....Now then ive been doing a little digging and finding out as much information as possible about this drug before my first dose......

MY RESULTS..........beta-blockers are whats called a class TWO anti arrythmia drug........they work by controlling adrenaline flow and anxiety which in turn slows down the hearts sinus rate...(beats per min).....by doing this the hearts cardiac force is slightly less significant subduing the chance of palpatations occuring....if they do re-occur it is with less cardiac force making them almost invisible to some............this type of drug is widley used by many people for other conditions such as high blood preasure,migrane,nervous disorders.........studys state that beta-blockers are a well tolerated drug, and there are many types but each one has its own design on treating diffrent problems meaning some brands work better for one condition than the other......in so far as treatment for the eradication of pvc's studys have shown that beta-blockers only have a 25/30% success rate in supressing ectopic beats.............works for a few but not most.....unfortunate......

MEDICATION IVE BEEN PRESCRIBED.........this med is known as a CLASS ONE anti arrythmia drug and goes by the name FLECIANIDE ACENTATE.....its uses are for treating people who suffer conditions like atrail fibralation and ventricular tachacardia......its also becoming increasingly popular for the treatment of pvc's...........this medication works in a diffrent way to beta-blockers, instead of slowing down cardiac force it stops certain enzimes reaching the heart....how i understand it is that these enzimes in abundance aggravate certain cells in the heart which then become erratic and start fireing off out of sync with the sinus node interupting the hearts normal beat.....thus causing ECTOPICS.......this medication controls and limits these enzimes which in turn supresses all types of cardiac arrythmia......studys have shown this type of medication has a 98% success rate of supressing pvc's and the heart just sustains its normal sinus rythm.......

I decided this evening that i would compare the information leaflet of flecianide against the info leaflet of my mums atenolol beta-blocker 100mg tabs(she has pvc's too)............. i found that the common side effects of flecianide were far less than those of the atenolol and the flecianide was more compatable for use with other medication too......BUT the rare side effects of flec was rather worrying (lol) 1 in 10,000 people could have problems......

It also stated at the beginning of the info leaflet there are certain conditions which flec is a big no no for, they are......breast feeding, you have heart block, low blood preasure or a slow sinus rythm, if you've had a heart attack, sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia,a pacemaker or deterioration of the left ventrical.......but i supose your cardiologist would not prescribe this med if they thought you had any of this lot.....

anyway my palps have been quite good this week ranging from 6/10 per day to 15/20 per day so at the moment i can live with them comfortably.....if they increase again and they will i will be popping my first pill.........

will keep you all posted to my progess and hope this post has helped or given some hope to suffers....

take care people

chris

Re: Ectopics Update People

Hey chris!!!

Thanks for your update!! So do u only take the drug when u feel the palps or is it a course???

I'm on citalopram.....not for palps burnfor anxiety but my palps
    Give me the anxiety so we will see what happens there!!! I still am getting my palps regularly but it takes a while for this med to kick in aparently.....

I tried beta blockers before and they were awful for me....they made me feel so odd!!! And I had the worst attack on the tube whilst taking them!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Tim

Re: Ectopics Update People

Thanks Chris for the update!
    Good luck with it.

Cherie

Thread Information