Thread: Does this happen to anyone else

Does this happen to anyone else

Sometimes when I'm sat either watching TV or at the computer - or thinking about it doing nothing at all I get a very odd sensation - it's like I've drifted off somewhere else for a minute and then I get a jolt go through me like bringing me back to myself.

I've had this on and off for years - but it happened this morning just sat at the computer - thinking about nothing in particular and yesterday when I was in the dentist waiting room and as soon as the door opened and the nurse came out it happened.

I've often wondered if it is that I've relaxed temporarily (relaxing is NOT my thing!!) and the jolt is my brain saying I have to always be in alert mode?

The jolt yesterday and today was very obvious to my husband who was sat with me as I phyiscally moved and went to hold onto something. They leave me feeling a bit odd for a while too.

I know that today I'm very tired and anxious after the dentist yesterday.

Anyway - sorry if this is a bit rambly - just wondered if anyone else had this sort of thing?

Kathy

Hi Kathy

I haven't had this but when I am sitting at PC or watching TV I very often get head rushes which are not very nice. As you say it could be your body winding down into relax mode. The tiredness will be to do with the anxiety as you were on high alert yesterday at the dentist.

Take care

Elaine x

hi kathyn, Yes i get this so often. Its why i dont realy like sitting comfy after my evening meal, then you realy jump if someone suddenly talks to you or the door or phone rings, take care. Vernon

Hi Kathy

Try a relaxation Cd or a meditation/ Yoga class. You'll soon see if it is a natural ability to relax . If so - hold onto it - its a great skill.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Kathyn

We all go in trance every day even for a very short moment, it's a normal natural mechanism from the brain, said my hypnotherapist.
    Its like when someone talks to you , and you don't really listen, then say "oh sorry , i was miles away". This is trance.
    Nothing to worry about, and I guess its kinda nice when you can "escape" for a short while.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Youve just reminded me of something. When I was younger (alot younger) LOL. I had this when I was driving in my cousins car. We were driving passed a cementary. I went off somewhere, to do with the cemetary, which affected me the way it did you. I have always thought about this and what it was. It really worried me. Now I know it was a trance.

Thanks this has put an end to one of my worries, and what happened to me. I was around 12 years old.

Infact, I wonder if this is what started my anxiety attacks? I have never forgotten it and was really shaky after? Could you tell me what you think of this please, I would be interested in some feedback.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

yeah i have had this before, when im sitting realy still. its a strange sensation eh? i found it scary the first time but im used to it now and its all to do with the anxiety.x.

dmcgovern

Hi Kathy

I have had this feeling before and i know how scarey it can be. It seemed to me like i had lost all concept of reality and it is horriblie but another part of aniexty that we have to endure.

How are you feeling now hun?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

i have this many times too. i made a post kind of like this one where i sit there and start daydreaming or whatever, and i just snap out of it sometimes, but then there are other times when i dont. its sounds a bit similar.

Jenn

Thread Information