Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed with myself

Annoyed with myself

I was just looking at all your photos and your meet ups. I would love to meet up with you all, but I feel im not good enough. Deep down I know im just the same, but I cant get over this feeling of not fitting in and not knowing what to say. I also feel I will be judged. Its really getting to me, as I really want to meet you. Has anyone any ideas on how I can get passed ths please.

You could all be good friends to me and me to you in return, but I cant bring myself to do it?

Is this a social anxiety? General anxiety? Or lack of confidence? If I have an idea as to what it is and why I feel like it may help me a bit.

I have a car, I love driving, I have a wonderful husband. So I have no excuse really to meet you all.

Sorry about the babble, but I want/need some help in making friends :(

xxxxx

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Hi Emma,
    It sounds as if you just lack confidence, which can give you a social phobia, you can pm me any time, and i have sent you a pm with my msn so if you have it we can chat on there, it is so easy to make friends on here every one is so lovely and the fact that you can get to know one another by messages first really helps, come into the chat room one night, normally busy after 9pm everyone is great in there and you will be made to feel so welcome, and it is a great way to make friends
    Take Care
    Trac

its "just a thought"

Hi Emma,

I understand it can get difficult.

Please don't ever think you don't fit in or your not good enough cause you DEFINATELY are!!!!!!!

You will get there in the end.

Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me Emma. I'd love to hear from you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Hi Emma,

I totally understand where your coming from, Ive got a lovely family & faince but im terrible making new friends on a face to face basis and i've got such low self esteem and no self confidence.

But I think on here, everyone has prob felt that way at some point, and if anyone can understand how you feel...these guys can.

Everyone on here is lovely and i will try to make a meet near to me sometime.

Tatty B xx

hi Emma,

I can understand that you are nervous about meeting everyone. The good thing is that the groups normally aren't too big - about 8 people so you don't really feel overwehlmed. No one would judge you at all. After all, we are all in the same boat!! You probably just don't have too much confidence but that is something that you can work on and improve. You do need to force yourself to get out there and talk to people though..Just think, one day soon you could meet us all!!

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Emma

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Is this a social anxiety? General anxiety? Or lack of confidence? If I have an idea as to what it is and why I feel like it may help me a bit.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    In that case , it's definitely lack of confidence and low self esteem..
    I too struggle to make friends, I always hide behind my shield ( self protection)...I worry sometimes about what people think of me , but at the end of the day, we're all human beings and we shouldn't feel inferior to others ( difficult sometimes I know).
    I am sure you can get some support here and get thru it.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith. **

Thanks Florence. Inferior is a good word. I feel very inferior to everyone.

Maybe we should have a meet to rediscover our confidence LOL

Take care

Emma xx

Emma,

I too would never go to a meet as I also feel inferior to everyone else.

I also don't post on here when I'm having a bad "inferior" moment as I think anything I have to say is of no use to anyone.

Definately low self esteem and lack of confidence in yourself.

Kate

Emma-jane and Kate - I always think both of you write posts worth reading and give great advice.

Maybe you don't have enough people telling you how fab you are regularly enough.

I'm always telling/ordering my family and friends to praise me - which they do as they know whats good for them.

Joking apart I think we all need to feel valued which in turn helps our self-esteem. I can tell you both you are valuable on this site for sure.

Love Piglet [8D]

Its funny isnt it, although i really appreciate what you say piglet, and it is very kind of you. Something at the back of my mind says, when I get praised or told what a good friend etc, I am. I think people are just humouring me, or that they dont mean it.

All of you seem to be so good friends on here, I feel at a distant.

Gosh how pathetic and sympathy seeking does that sound LOL.

As I right this, it sounds so silly, but I can at least see where it falls onto lack of confidence. Thank you all.

Maybe oneday I will meet you all.

Emma xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information