Thread: strange phobia of being spiked...

strange phobia of being spiked...

think it stems from having taken drugs and having had a horrible experience(which is over all what i belive to have caused anxiety problems for me) in the past,that i am scared of my drink being spiked in a club/pub or even food poisoned in a resturant(mainly first one) for fear of having those experiances again,i dont really go to clubs and pubs that much now.......would you say this is a phobia or more anxiety?

Re: strange phobia of being spiked...

Id say a bit of both, if you are in a pub or club just dont leave your drink and if you do then dont finish it. Dont let it turn into a phobia, nip it in the bud sraight away. You can see in a bar what they are putting in your drink , but even in a resturant as well why would the bar staff even want to spike a drink, i think youl find its unheard of, put it out your head and enjoy your meals and drinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    Id say a bit of both, if you are in a pub or club just dont leave your drink and if you do then dont finish it. Dont let it turn into a phobia, nip it in the bud sraight away. You can see in a bar what they are putting in your drink , but even in a resturant as well why would the bar staff even want to spike a drink, i think youl find its unheard of, put it out your head and enjoy your meals and drinks!
    thats the thing i know its very unlikely that restaurant/bar staff are going to do it,but the anxiety is still there.and also do not tend to leave my drink around but its got that bad sometimes that i think maybe it was done while i was walking around....it has also got so bad that my mind has started re-creating the feeling of being on drugs if i start to think it.think now that im opening up about it here its seems already a full blown anxiety/phobia

Paul

The 'being spiked' anxiety,i think in this day and age is a very valid one.
    There are so many fools out there who find it amusing to spike peoples drinks just for kicks.

You're cautious for your own safety and i don't think there anything wrong with that.

Take care
    Lisa
    x

Hey, i think its a bit of both for u 2 but more anxiety, i have the same worries and when im out im constantly thinking has my drink been spiked, the more i think about it the more anxiety i get over it and last time i was out because i worried so much it nearly ended up in a panic attack, i wouldnt worry too much, just becareful when ure out really which nowadays i suppose is common sense. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Paul

The 'being spiked' anxiety,i think in this day and age is a very valid one.
    There are so many fools out there who find it amusing to spike peoples drinks just for kicks.

You're cautious for your own safety and i don't think there anything wrong with that.

Take care
    Lisa
    x
    but from what i have said,its seems im being over cautious dnt ya think.having to get someone i trust to guard my drink ect

Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    Hey, i think its a bit of both for u 2 but more anxiety, i have the same worries and when im out im constantly thinking has my drink been spiked, the more i think about it the more anxiety i get over it and last time i was out because i worried so much it nearly ended up in a panic attack, i wouldnt worry too much, just becareful when ure out really which nowadays i suppose is common sense. xxx
    thanks titch,how do you get the thoughts out of your mind? mine dont usually go untill i know it has gone past sufficient time for any drugs to take course.

Paul

I would do the exact same. Maybe i'm just and old sceptic lol

Lisa
    x

just try my best to ignore the thoughts. try have a good time and occupy my mind andconvince myself that i havnt been spiked by basically just keep saying it over and over in my head..you might find other ways tho..hope these help...xx

Thread Information