Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prozac

prozac

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone else had felt like this. I am on my ninth day of taking Prozac and I just feel so washed out it is as if I could sleep all day long on it. Also my concentration seems to be going a bit keep drifting off and forgetting things. Has anyone had a similar experience. Also my vision keeps going blurred. Do you think that this will wear off after a few weeks.

Many Thanks

Nicola

hi there dont know if its going to be much help but i was on prozac temporarily and it made me feel like i was off in cloud 37 or whatever, i wasnt on it that long maybe go the docs or phone up and ask them if it will calm down or the side effects reduce.
    good luck mel xx

melanie

Hi

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Do you think that this will wear off after a few weeks.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Definitely, it should get easier after 3-4 weeks...It 's pretty normal to have some side effects during the first days/weeks due to the change of chemicals in your brain... It won't last.

Florence.

**Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith. **

It will get better after a few weeks Nicola. All meds make you feel a little strange at first. Hang in there..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

thank you all so much I will stick with it.

Thanks

Hi Nicola, it is quite normal to have side effects like this on Prozac. It can take up to 7 weeks for them to get right into your system and start working, so that you notice.

Maybe give it a few weeks before going to the doctor, but a phone call to put your mind at rest wont hurt, if you feel you need to.

Anxiety can also cause you to feel like this aswell. Maye try some relaxation or meditation, and try not to worry to much, im sure you will be fine.

Take Care.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Nicola

I'm on Prozac too and been feeling very tired and forgetful. I've only been on it for about 3 weeks now. A few days ago I changed from taking it in the morning to taking it at night and it's helped a lot.

I'm still tired in the day but I'm not as bad.

I didn't tell my doctor that I was going to change, I just did it and told her at my check up yesterday. She was a bit concerned because apparently they tell you to take it in the morning because they can cause nightmares, the risk of this is reduced when you take them in the morning.

I'm keeping on the prozac for another couple of weeks and I'm going to have blood tests for my blood count and thyroid to make sure it's the tablets making me tired. If it turns out it's the tablets that are making me tired, I'm being put onto Sertraline (sp?)

I hope things get better for you, things are starting to feel better for me. Give them a bit more time and see how you go, you can always change to something else if they don't agree with you.

Hi,
    I was on prozac for 10 years and for the first month or so it was quite an odd feeling. I felt a bit de-personalised and out of the loop. It will soon fade and you will start to feel very good about life. Just hang on in there.

Theo

Hi All

Thank you very much for all your replies. I have actually stopped taking it as really did not feel very well on it. I dont know if I have done the right thing as I do not know if it will get me better or not.

The problem that I have is that I always feel anxious and I have developed an obsession with singing songs. On a good day I can rationalise this but on bad days I loose the plot. I seem to have convinced myself that it is something taking over my mind. Does anyone have any suggestions hpw I can keep this in perspective. At the moment I am too frightened to go on a holiday in case all I do is sing songs.

I do not know how to get my perspective back about this, I suppose if I did not feel frightened by it it would not bother me. How do I give myself some CBT over this. You guys always seem to have the answers all suggestions are welcome.

Does anyone know if Prozac will help with this problem or have I done the right thing by stopping the tablets.

Thank you

Do you take the tablets for depression or for anxiety?

I ask because I have taken anti d's for depression on approx 6 occasions and I had no side effects whatsoever either getting on them or stopping them. But, when I have been prescribed them on numerous occasions for anxiety, I always stopped taking them within a few weeks as the side effects were awful.

I have asked my GP if there is anything else I can take for anxiety but have always been told that it is anti d's or nothing. So I have had to stick with the nothing although I am finding my constant anxiety totally unbearable at the moment.

Kate x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information