Thread: Advice please!!! Has anyone had this symptom

Unhappy Advice please!!! Has anyone had this symptom

Hi everyone!

I am on Citalopram for my anxiety which is heart related. Im paranoid im going to have a heart attack coz everyday i keep having pains and symptoms etc.

Today was very odd and different.

I was just watching TV when i had a burning sensation, like my blood had boiled in my chest and spread out to my arms and down my body for about 30 seconds. It was awful and has left me all itchy and naucious.

Has anyone else experienced this?? Its left me really shaken up but im trying to be strong!!!!

Hope to here from anyone soon.

Thanku

Tim

Re: Advice please!!! Has anyone had this symptom

Hi Tim

Thats a new one on me, not heard that one before. I get heartburn sometimes, and that can cause painful burning sensation in my chest and around my back, like my lungs are on fire. Maybe someone else here has had similar?

I'm assuming you've been checked out by a Dr who's confirmed that your heart is ok and that everything is normal ?

In which case, all I can say is , Anxiety does some weird things to our body! It can create all sort of aches, pains a physical symptoms. All of which are harmless but damn scary.

Huggles xx

Mully

I have had that happen to me, actually it happened last night, I would like to hear from someone who knows if it is part of anxiety or not, I seem fine and then when it happens it feels like I go into a major panic!

that sort of thing happens to me sometimes wen im just starting to have a panic attack. it starts at the top of my head and works down like boiling hot water inside ur body. i told doc he just passed it off as anxiety go check if worried though love ley xxx

i wake up every night with this its a horrible feeling , dr has tried to assure me its anxiety but its hard to belive isnt it

yes i do belive its normal so i was told by a Doc. My problem is tight chest ive also noticed my neck and arms get stiff, anyone get this. Also this last year got sudden surge of feeling hot this sometimes also leads to that feeling hot inside

i have heard that this is called an "adrenalin rush" and feels like fizzy lemonade racing through yoru veins.
    If and it is a big IF - you can think for a second if it happens again - it is very like the 'rush' of excitement in extreme happiness
    they are the same sensation BUT interpreted differently
    I was told this a couple of years ago and i can see the logic of it BUT it still causes me to panic.....
    Hope this helps
    june

Hiya, I get a really hot chest sometimes, its a weird feeling. It leaves me itchy too. I get it if im stressed normally. dont worry xx

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Just another symptom i guess then! Im still here after all!!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Tim

Thread Information