Thread: Pills, Thrills and Anxiety

Pills, Thrills and Anxiety

Hi all
    Been off list a while as the Anxiety Monster had gone way - well its now back - not as bad as at Chritmas time, which took about until February time to be feeling somewhere near right.
    But still not much fun - trying to focus on the fact that this will subside, finding positive thoughts difficult at the moment - my children have just finished school for holidays, so don't want to feel like I have during this last week.
    I have seen a councillor over the last few months - not sure what the outcome is, she did ask what would make me happy, only one answer having no anxiety - everything will take of its self then.
    I have just started a 6 week two hourly session of Anxiety management, so see how this goes.
    After having a not to good a weekend last week (alway seem worse at weekends - again must not focus on this) i went to my GP on Monday to ask for some meds, wouldn't give me anything said to complete the CBT course first.
    I also work for myself from Home, so getting motivated to work is also very difficult, when you feel lethargic, headache, neckache and all other things associated with this
    So relying on Rescue rem and trying Kalms at the moment, combined with early nights and as much sleep as I can get and must get back into the relaxation tapes, which I find most difficult. May be worth investing in Megs CD pack.
    Anyone else tried Kalms - do they do anything?
    Also a friend who also has this problem has been presribed Venlafaxiene and says this has been a great help to him, anyone know more about this.
    Cheers for now
    Mick
    PS excuse and grammer or spelling.

hi Mick,

You seem to be doing all the right things so I'm sure the rest will follow. It's normal to have bad patches so try not to get too wound up by it..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Mick,

Welcome to the site - hope to see you in the chatroom soon.

Love Piglet

Hi Mick

Welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi ya

I understand that feeling of lethargic and I too work from hove, having the anxiety just makes it even harder to concentrate doesn't it

But you have done so well so dont give up!

Keep focused and stick with the positive thoughts

It can imporve again you did it once and look how good you felt at the time

Anytime things get bad you are always welcome to PM me

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Mike , I wasn't sure from your email what your question is about venlaflaxine ..

Its a SNRI - not for people with known heart issues , licenced for depression works with noradrenaline as well as seratonin and has usual SSRI issues

There are lots of posts under medication or could you be more specific with your question please

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks for the messages of support - also Thanks to Sue for your kind offer - I will keep it in mind.
    Meg - with regards to my requested for information about medication, venlaflaxine, was after other members experiences with this and from your point of view how successful is it for anxiety.
    Thanks
    Mick

Hi Mick

Welcome back to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering again, I know it is hard for you.

How is the CBT going? Are you getting anything out of it?

I know someone that took Kalms and said that they did help them so may be worth a try.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thread Information