Thread: When will the lights turn back on?

When will the lights turn back on?

Im new to this site, i have PTSD and Panic Attacks due to my brothers suicide last April. I am in Psycothearapy and I am getting married in 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to control the panic without taking medication? And also, how long people have been experiencing attacks.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lena

Re: When will the lights turn back on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lena2480 View Post
    Im new to this site, i have PTSD and Panic Attacks due to my brothers suicide last April. I am in Psycothearapy and I am getting married in 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to control the panic without taking medication? And also, how long people have been experiencing attacks.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lena
    Hi Lena,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. This happened to a very close friend of mine 12yrs ago, the pain we feel is unbearable, i'm sorry.

I've been experiencing anxiety/panic and depression for sometime now, I believe it started when I was a child, because of different things happening in my life, and tragic life events throughout. The last trauma happened 3yrs ago and I have found time to be the very best healer, although talking things through in Therapy also helped a great deal.

Currently life for me is much more kind and I feel that I've pretty much found peace within.

Unfortunately, I can't really help you in how to deal with your high anxiety, as I always used medication to help me, especially to get through a particular event.

After time, I have learned to appreciate how important exercise is to help alleviate symptoms of my anxiety and depression.

Sorry I haven't been much help, I know they're some natural remedies you can buy, only it varies from person to person, whether or not they will work for you.

Wishing you the best on your wedding day and I hope you feel better soon xx
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 03-03-09 at 02:27. Reason: bad english :S

Hi Lena,

I too am sorry about your brother. My brother died just a year before I got married, although not suicide. Hopefully you will be so excited on the day that this will outweigh any anxiety. It is quite common for people to be anxious on their wedding day anyway so it might help to tell yourself that if you are feeling particularly nervous or worried. I have had panic attacks since 1994, the year I got married funnily enough. I manage mine by avoiding situations or places where I am afraid to have them and if I cannot avoid I will take diazepam or have someone with me who know's about my panic 'just in case'

I wish you well for the wedding and also with your brothers anniversary approaching.

Take care,

Freaky

Hi Lena, I'm sorry to hear about what you went through with your brother, and congratulations on your marriage.

You can always try Kalms or Stressless if you need some short term help. They are not prescription medication and you don't have to take many. I find Kalms to be superior to Stressless as you take less and their effect is stronger.

If you're determined to get through using force of will then my simple advice would be: keep going. You have been through hell and you are still moving forward with your life. The panic attacks may feel bad, but you have already come this far. You've also sought help which is another huge step. Basically, you are already on the road to beating your panic attacks.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information