Thread: strange pain in lower back!

Question strange pain in lower back!

Hi there, i have a strange pain in my lower back, it's been there now for 4 days. I feel it on both sides of my hips the top of the pelvis bone, all of the pressure points around that area feel sensitive, also the pain is felt in my thighs to, both sides!! Period isnt due for another 10 days, so i know its not that.

However i am a little worried over this back complaint,I guess what with ovarian cancer being in the news recently its a worry, but i am trying hard to rule that out, i'm 33 have normal periods, no symptoms has lasted more than a week, i also suffer from IBS which gives me wind and bloats me out, but had this for 3 years. I know that IBS can give u lower back pain, also i have read about Fibromyalgia, which cause pain around the pressure points on the body, i get this pain in my neck and shoulders to, this is also linked with IBS and irritable bladder. I am at a loss to know what it is????

Any ideas or advice would be grateful

Re: strange pain in lower back!

Still have the back pain, in fact i woke up with it, IBS has kicked into today :( not happy with that. I dont want to rush off down the doctor every 5 minutes to seek reassurance and then find my self back there again in a weeks time with the same worry.

Its so frustrating !!!!

Just to update, went to see the doctor, he has told me i have the beginnings of Fibromyalgia, so now know what that is and what is causing the pain in my back. Also have medication for it too.

Hey i get pains in my cocsics area..im terrifed its linked to bowel cancer or summat, i HATE it so much:S

Thread Information