Thread: Hopeless/Doomed, Advice Pleas?!

Hopeless/Doomed, Advice Pleas?!

Hey everyone. I haven't posted on here for a while, I thought I was doing better, but apparently not.

My current situation is that I've had the EKG's, a Holter monitor for 24 hours, stress test, blood tests, chest x-ray, etc. but my physical symptoms are getting worse it seems. I have even more palpitations now. I have shortness of breath and a "lump in my throat" feeling like you can't get that one breath for a bit. My pulse also races when it seems like I walk or go anywhere. I get bubbling in my chest almost like nerves moving, an emptiness feeling, chest pains.

At this point I basically think that I'm dying. I am confined to my bed, basically. I just sit around all day, crying at the drop of a hat, worrying, feeling my pulse, and thinking that everything I do is "the last time I'm going to do it". It's terrible.

I would be willing to believe the tests, and I know a lot of this is obviously contributed to anxiety, I just refuse to believe that it would get to THIS stage. Also, my panic attacks started by smoking marijuana, and I smoked about 2-3 hits (stupid, I know) after my stress test, thinking I could handle it again. So since then I think that smoking that amount again has negated all the results.

I just don't know what to do :( I know a lot of people on here feel symptoms, but it feels like mine are progressing worse, and they are with me ALL DAY LONG, through everything. My psychologist has basically convinced my parents it's not physical, and my parents obviously believe the doctors. We have an appointment scheduled with a cardiologist, but the waiting is killing me, and I feel like I honestly don't have much time left...

I am petrified.

Re: Hopeless/Doomed, Advice Pleas?!

I can totally relate to how you feel. I also had been doing well for quite some time... and right now I think I am at my lowest point ever. I am having a very hard time believing that what I am feeling is "only anxiety" I think when it comes back, it comes back even harder because we think to ourselves "I went through anxiety and it wasnt like this... so this must be something different" At least thats how I am feeling. I have more or less convinced myself that I do not have a serious disease... But I feel like hell, and I am worried that I will never feel better again. I just keep telling myself I got through it once, ill get through it again.

-- Anonymous

it will get better, i been there still am. but im sure ull be fine u
    just have to start believing in yourself u can do it. anxiety can get better
    then come bk and bit u again harder.
    i was google one nt and found joe barry he sends u 7 steps to try and
    help with anxiety for free. i found it has help just to know that all this
    isnt my health im not going to die.
    be strong i spent days crying couldnt stop and no one to talk to that understands.
    but this site is great.
    good luck we r in this together and if u still don feel right check with doc again
    but listen to them reasure u take it in cause it helps to no..

Quote Originally Posted by jonzzz View Post
    Hey everyone. I haven't posted on here for a while, I thought I was doing better, but apparently not.

My current situation is that I've had the EKG's, a Holter monitor for 24 hours, stress test, blood tests, chest x-ray, etc. but my physical symptoms are getting worse it seems. I have even more palpitations now. I have shortness of breath and a "lump in my throat" feeling like you can't get that one breath for a bit. My pulse also races when it seems like I walk or go anywhere. I get bubbling in my chest almost like nerves moving, an emptiness feeling, chest pains.

At this point I basically think that I'm dying. I am confined to my bed, basically. I just sit around all day, crying at the drop of a hat, worrying, feeling my pulse, and thinking that everything I do is "the last time I'm going to do it". It's terrible.

I would be willing to believe the tests, and I know a lot of this is obviously contributed to anxiety, I just refuse to believe that it would get to THIS stage. Also, my panic attacks started by smoking marijuana, and I smoked about 2-3 hits (stupid, I know) after my stress test, thinking I could handle it again. So since then I think that smoking that amount again has negated all the results.

I just don't know what to do :( I know a lot of people on here feel symptoms, but it feels like mine are progressing worse, and they are with me ALL DAY LONG, through everything. My psychologist has basically convinced my parents it's not physical, and my parents obviously believe the doctors. We have an appointment scheduled with a cardiologist, but the waiting is killing me, and I feel like I honestly don't have much time left...

I am petrified.
    So all the tests came back negative then?

Do you not have any hobbies that you could do to take your mind of things? Do you go out at all?

If the cardiologist says that your heart is perfectly OK will you believe him/her?

Thread Information