Thread: Lets Get Well

Lets Get Well

We all know that having panic attacks agoraphobia or anxiety can stop us from living a complete life but the reality of it, it is not the panic anxiety or agoraphobia that stops us, its our relationship with them that stops us.
    We give life to the above and then we fear.

Most of us have had 100s if not 1000s of panic attacks and anxiety attacks but we recover and when we look back we can see that no harm has come to us. The same does apply to agoraphobia.

I have read 100s of post on here because if someone is spending time writing them then its worth reading. There is a line through most of them and that is fear and most have a fear of death.

Some believe they have a safe place or a safe person but the reality is that person or place is no more than a support, the fact is we are the ones that are facing our fears, even if it is with the support of another.

1. Get fit. If you cant get out buy an exercise bike
    2.if you smoke try and cut it down and then stop
    3. Cut out all junk food
    4. practise meditation everyday for 15-20 mins and as you feel calm use a key word...calm calm calm..this will trigger the mind in times of panic etc
    5. get a hobbie...it does not matter what hobbie it is just as long as you enjoy it

All the above are just examples of how to move forward but you may have many of your own

The main thing is to face your fear!!!!

It took me a year to leave my house and I did it in small steps but I will admit to running back many times but over time I did make it.

We can overcome this
    Yes it will be difficult
    But it will change our life

If I was to ask "do you want to get well" everyone would shout yes

If I asked "are you ready to face your fear" some would have doubt that they could but the thing is you can and until you accept that you can you will remain a slave to your feelings

I am not the finished product but with small steps I am getting there and so can everyone who reads this

Even if its just doing exercise that will be a key start, so come on lets get well

Re: Lets Get Well

I wish I could afford an exercise bike. Even if I could we have no space for it. They are great though. A couple of years ago I was up at my inlaws for a week and finding exercise hard but for some reason could go for ages on the exercise bike with no problems. In fact if we had the space I could probably get that one as its no longer used.

Nechtan

Hi Purplehaze

Yes "Fear" is the key, if only the brain could learn positive things as quickly as negative things. I had a really nasty panic, worst for years, yesterday while waiting for a hospital appointment and despite dealing with it really well and managing to drive myself 30 miles home etc. I am still laying here in bed with a tight band of fear across my back wondering if I will ever feel normal again. How quickly we forget the good days, hours, minutes and waste our lives worrying about what really was only a short time of intense terror.

Like you I am getting there, but it is very hard and I get exhausted with the effort. Well done on your small steps, they sound like huge ones to me !!

I'm with you, LET'S GET WELL
    Good luck Mistral X

Great post purple.

Veronica

Hi Purplehaze,

Thanks for the great post.

Totally agree with you about 'fear'. For me 'fear of death' has been one thing that keeps my anixety & panic going.

Thanks again & best wishes

Great post purple,I too am finally getting there.I also found i was very hard on myself so be gentle with yourself and treat youself like you would your best friend,it's not your fault you are the way you are but it is your responability to do something about it.If I can make this much pprogress anyone can,just have faith in yourself and never give up

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

Hi Purplehaze!

I'm with you - let's get well! I've only joined the site and while its helpful reading comments and seeing that I'm not alone, its easy to get more down and lose sight of hope. I don't want that to happen so you're post is motivating and inspiring. Let's be positive - we will get through this, even one step at a time. There is a chinese proverb - even a journey of 1000 miles starts with one smell step - and I am discovering the truth of that. Even setting one small goal each day and achieving it is heading in the right direction and flooding the mind with only positive thoughts inspires belief. We can get through this, we have to have the will to try and face the fear. Another saying comes to mind by a philosopher - It is not because it is difficult that we do not do it, it is because we do not do it that it is difficult. That sums me up totally. From here on in - let's get well!!

best wishes,
    A

Hey Nechtan, you don't need an exercise bike to exercise. Get a skipping rope or do star jumps in the garden, press ups, running on the spot - there's lots of things to do without even leaving home never mind spending money. It'll help you feel better - just put on some good music and create your own workout!

A

Hi,

Your post is really positive and also true. I feel anxious a lot but as you have said nothing has ever happened to me, but the fear is still sometimes there although its getting better. The more places I go to the more I can prove to myself that nothing horrible is going to happen.

One of your other posts made me smile, when you said fear doesn't wait for us in the supermarket or at home or anywhere else that we go. As I used to think 'what if I panic in Asda, what if I panic on the bus, or in front of people' etc. Exercise is one thing I haven't tried yet, but I am feeling motivated enough to try it!
    Good luck with your recovery. Anna

Thread Information