Thread: Can't breath

Can't breath

Does anyone feel like they can't breath? Recently, in the past month, it feels like I'm not breathing enough, I can't seem to get enough oxygen into my lungs, they don't feel full enough. Anybody else like this? I'm sure it's just anxiety making me not breath because when I'm at home and relaxed I feel much better. It's not even just when I have a panic attack it seems constant.

I saw my doctor about it along with some other issues I had and she didn't seem concerened, but perhaps I glossed over it too much. I don't feel light headed or dizzy with it so presumeably I am getting enopugh oxygen but by the end of the day my chest is hurting because I've been trying to 'over breath'.

Anyone else? xx

Re: Can't breath

I have had this to, I went in because I have been sick on an doff for 2 months, so when I started getting it back on Mon., I went in and he did an xray. It was ok, so I know it wasn't my lungs (blood clot, cancer, etc) breathing is easier. Crazy how that works. I know that a hard time breathing is a classic symptom, so....try not to worry to much , I bet you are going to be just fine (I know, easier said than done!)

Yes I feel like that often. But it doesnt seems to be something that bothers me when I fully concentrating in something else so I put it down to anxiety. I wouldnt worry about thinking that because you glossed over it that the dr would too. Think if there was even a suggestion of a prob the doctor would be well ahead of you , I say this but I think that way myself often when ive been to the doctor, but when someone else says it its easier to see where the anxiety is coming in

I have the feeling of not breathing enough all the time. I keep taking really deep breaths and I monitor my breathing. This is 24/7 unless im asleep and it makes me exhausted and I know its panic attacks. Ive been to my doctor but all they do is prescribe diff meds. Its crazy that something in our minds can give us real effects. If anybody has any tips that would be great.

Hi Guys can really relate to this. mine is mainly after i go out on the ale, went the dr's today who basically dismissed it i feel light headed and dizzy as well feel scared hat i going to die

it is really scary! i hate feeling like i can't breath. if i'm really busy at work or doing some which requires concentration i forget about it but it seems to be worse in the mornings and i feel like i can't breath right now.

I totally sympathise hun i overbreathe at times when im stressed too and end up with sore muscles by overdoing it. Its one of the worst symptoms of anxiety isnt it as it can be scary too I hope your feeling a little better now hun.
    Take care
    xxxx

Thread Information