Thread: Vaginal Swab results?

Vaginal Swab results?

Hi, I posted in the Ovarian Cancer post as i thought my problems would relate to that thread.
    I will give a brief post here about my probs so far. Had bad anxiety back in Nov, panic attacks, palps etc. Went to see doc, she told me aniety etc.Having some councelling now and 24 hr heart monitor to check the palps (still waiting for results).Since Nov i have lost roughly a stone and think this was due to loss of appetite. Last wk after intercourse i bled the day after...sometimes get this & doc said could be post coital bleeding, sear all up to date too. A week later i went to docs because i was in pain in my pelvis and lower back. Nurse took swabs/urine but called doc in to see me. He thiught i could of had an ectopic preg (impossible), temp was up.He thought i could possibly have Endemitriosis. He prescribed me 2 lots of tabs, an antibiotic and a dose to clear up any infection whilst they were waiting for my swab results if there was one. Still in pain, bad back pains, more frequent bowel movements, i feel like i have a tummy ache constantly. I phoned doc this morn and my urine sample was fine but my swabs weren't. The receptionist said it has notes that i don't need any further investigation on the swab results. WHY?? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? I AM IN A PANIC NOW, WORRYING!!
    I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
    I had a Bupa health check in Jan and had full blood taken for testing, urine, ecg,hearing etc.All came back ok except my Cholesterol which was high. 7.8!!!!
    I am really worried that all these symptoms are something more serious like ovarian cancer or bowel cancer. Would having blood taken on my bupa check show anything like this? Does it show up in blood cells? Clueless i am.
    I have no appetite, lost weight, pains in back/stomach and have got a follow up app. on Monday to see doc. I am in a mess right now and need reassurance because this is a long wait to me to see him again.
    It's silly i know but it is so real.
    Sorry to waffle on.

Hope someone has got some "Rational" thinking on this, because i am completely irrational!

WONG

Re: Vaginal Swab results?

Deary me! I am shocked at the amount of similar symptoms and probs us ladies on here are having. It comforts slightly to know we're not alone but ofcourse not when our head is having a merry(or lack of) field day.

I shall tell you my story and you can see some similarities and I too am worried.

I have been getting on off pelvic pain for about a year,had been getting antibiotics for urine infections which would help only for pain to return..til about 3 weeks ago,my pelvis,tum,back,legs and groin were on fire..

Went to docs..and she gave me two loads of antibiotics for a pelvic infection and when everything died down,I would get a smear test.

Last year also,I got what was called faecal impaction in which you pardon the pun are literally full of **** and I had to go into hospital and get an enema and movical for 2 weeks.

But the bowel probs are back and I got gave laxatives and lactulose solution but they are giving me diarroeah but I can't pooh with out them which is making me thinkg of some sort of bowel cancer and I have lost weight but look 4 months pregnant which I am freaking is ovarian or something.

I get my smear a week ago(my first one and I'm 22!),and the swabs said no action required,but no action on what... ? COULD there be a need for action later on down the line bu they are ignoring it for now? Yeah,so my head is going mad. And I have a whole 3 weeks before my smear results!

I have did my doctor's ear in I think so I am worried about going back.AGAIN but I will have to. But I am sorry I am not a rational mind at the moment but I will walk along this horrid path with you and hope you feel better soon.

Sorry this is not really advice. :( But I am thinking of you. xx

Hi Wong

I would guess that your swabs have come back showing an common infection and as they have already given you tablet there is no further treatment needed. If you are really worried ring and ask to speak with the doctor to explain the test results.

If it was showing anything serious they would get you back in to see the doctor. I know this as my friends mum has just been to have a chest Xray and was told the results would be back at the doctors in about 10 days time, she got a call the next day as they were not happy with somthing on the xray, so it just goes to show if it needs treatment quick they would get in touch with you right away.

Hope this helps

morchie

^^ That's a better reply than mine sweety. Please take care now and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi, I called docs again and receptionist said that something had been found but she can't tell me just in case she gets it all wrong. So i had to wait 11/2 hours to call Nurse!!! I went into work crying and feeling so sick. Well it is all ok the swabs, just a normal bacteria that we all have in our vaginas! Got to stop the tablets she said as i have no infection. Still in pain with my back. It really feels like a constant niggle that i want to just keep wriggling my pelvis around. I wonder if it is muscular pain? Got app. at docs on Mon so will see what he thinks.

Wee-mee i can see similarities in our symptoms. My legs hurt, pelvis, lower back etc....what are we like ay?

My bowels feel like they need emptying alot of the time, but when i get nervous this too happens naturally, so i wonder if my mind is doing this and i just think it's something else.

I hope your smear is good results. All the Jade publicity is really making people worry because it is so publicised. I have been watching her tv show and find it so upsetting, but i am definately not imagining these symptoms because of her but i bet alot of docs think people are.

It's really funny because i had my very first smear at 16.1/2 yrs old, there was never and age on it and i'm 33 now and have them every 3 yrs. Hate them!

Morchie, thank-you for your rational reassuranceX

Well i shall keep you updated on this matter.

My sis had endemitriosis and it took 7+ yrs or so to diagnose it, she had to have a hysterectomy in the end in her mid to late 20's. I've always had gyno probs but don't always see doc as i really hate all the internals.

Wongx

Thread Information