Thread: Job seekers: How do you do it?

Job seekers: How do you do it?

Hi I'm new to the forums. I'm going to the doctors for the first time tomorrow about my panic attacks.

I was fired last year from a job I had for 4 months as I was taking panic attacks to the point I had to leave the warehouse floor and get to a door asap and sit down or leave work as I would get myself in a real state. Not showing up at times as I could not handle it.

I went into that job knowing for the last 2 years I barely left my home as I would panic on the bus or worry about going to the shop. I cant even use the phone. It's now 3 years that I can barely leave my house.

More info here: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...557#post472557

To the point:

Since being fired I've been on job seekers. They send me to interviews I cant even bare going to. Right now they want to send me to some courses and I'm petrified. I maybe go out once in two weeks and that's to my job signing in fear if I don't show up I'll have no money to live on.

Even when they send me on job interviews I cant build myself up to go show up and it gets me in trouble when really they don't understand I just cant do it! :(

What do I do? Can I claim for something? Would they understand if I told them?

Right now i'm worried on the course they are trying to send me on. I cant even go to the show never mind this.

Ughh I cant really express how I feel by typing.

Re: Job seekers: How do you do it?

Hi Rab

Have you seen your doctor about these pa's? If they are really bad, you should be on the sick (incap benefit) until you can get help, like CBT or something.

I congratulate you for trying a new job even though you had been so bad with panic. You need some sort of help. And not being extra anxious over looking for a job.

Please go to your doctor. Take care. Let us know how you get one.

Els

Hi

I agree with Elspeth, u should be on incap benefit, u clearly are not fit to work at this present time

When u go to the dr ask to be referred for cbt, i started this recently as my panic attacks got so bad last year i have been signed off work since last year.

Good luck

love mandie x

Hi

First thing go to your Dr...They will give you a sick line to show you cant work at the moment and then move on to incap benefit. In the mean time get as much support as possible so you may in the future get to a point where you can work.
    Dont worry about anything as the system is there to help

take care

Thanks for the reply's. I appreciate each one. To the doctors it is.

Thread Information