Thread: Persistent sore throat, stiff neck and now a lump!

Persistent sore throat, stiff neck and now a lump!

I came up ill one weekend and had a really stiff neck, felt like all my glands were so swollen that I could barely swallow and a throat like sand paper. All the symptoms disappeared within a few days except the sore throat.
    After about 6 weeks, I got stiff neck again and my throat got worse so, I went to see a nurse who said it was just a persistant bug and seemed to shrug off the stiff neck part.
    3 weeks later stiff neck gone but still a bad throat. Went to doctor again who said the same as the nurse but took a swab to check for infection just in case.
    My throat feels really clogged up, dry and I have to clear it all the time which makes it sore. If I try and sing or shout my voice goes croaky.
    Yesterday I came up with stiff neck again and have now noticed a pea sized lump on the back of my neck, near the middle and have gone into panic mode.

Any advice or ideas???

I'm so glad I found this site this evening. Think my parents are fed up with phone calls asking them if something is normal. I am a single mum of 3 (all under 5). I live 15mins drive from anyone I know and so have nothing better to do all evening but worry about things! Glad to be able to speak to to others. Thank you!

Re: Persistent sore throat, stiff neck and now a lump!

Hi Shelly

Sorry your having a bad time of it

I've not had a stiff neck but i have had a type of cold, sinuses blocked and a croaky voice for about a month now....it's doing my head in I'm beginning to think it will never go. My gp thinks it could be an allergy to my 7 month old Pekingnese so i've fostered him out to my Niece while i wait for the blood test to come back.

When do you get the swab test back? Sorry i can't be more helpful, go back to your gp and tell him your no better.

Hugs
    Trishx
    Ps Welcome to this great site.

Thread Information