Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head shock - strange sensation in head.

Head shock - strange sensation in head.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if so... if they know what causes it.

When I get it, it feels so strange - can't really describe. Like a flutter in the front of my head. If I didn't know any better I would swear my brain was flipping over or something! The strange thing is I only ever get them when ill or under the weather. I'm not feeling too well at the moment and have been having them for the last day and a half.

Would love some info. or advice on these as I keep on freaking myself out!!

Xxxxx

Re: Head shock - strange sensation in head.

There was a similar thread on here the other day where someone described a strange sensation in their head. It could literally be anything, but whatever it is, it is almost certainly nothing to worry about. Maybe a migraine, a temporary and harmless change in blood pressure, a symptom of anxiety or stress, something like that. The main thing is it only happens when you are feeling rough which suggests it's just "one of those things".

If it scares you then see your doctor for peace of mind, but don't panic, if it's something serious then I shall eat my socks

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi
    I get it and it really frightened me at first but then I read on here somewhere that it is stress related as there are a lot of nerves ending in your head. Hope this reasurres you.

Sharon

Hi there, I have been suffering with wierd sensations in my head for the last 4 weeks now. At first it was similar to how you say, then I got really freaked out and panicked and now its a little worse and makes me feel dizzy. My doc insists its anxiety, I had mri scan done which was nomal. Does yours make you feel dizzy?

No, not dizzy at all. It's just ths strange feeling that starts in my head and sometimes shoots into my arms and legs. It's weird because it only lasts like a second and I only get it when I'm ill. :S It does make me feel a little off balance though, like if it happens when I'm walking I feel like I might fall over!!

Xxxx

Hi All, I am new here although have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for about 6 years. I take 10 mg of escitalopram and have dizziness all the time. I feel it in the left side of my head and constantly feel like I am going to fall over or collapse or something. It is worse in the evenings. I have had an MRI scan and that was fine so I guess it must be the old anxiety demon, but why won't it go away!!!!!! Does anyone else have this??????

Lisa B,

I'm sure your well aware of the chemical composition of our bodies. We are really a pool of complex substances.

I wouldn't worry about the head problems at this stage as its true they could be anything but with yours and (everyone here's) history i would point the finger at stress.

Strange things happen when your stressed in the brain, the chemical reactions that normally take place can be either delayed or changed. The best representation of this change would be alcohol. Im sure your aware of that one. Your head has millions of nerve endings and small tissues that can be affected by the slightest thing.

If your seriously worried i would consider your GP as im certain they will put your mind at rest (pardon the pun).

As a sufferer of panic and anxiety we notice things far quicker than most other people because we "Tune into" every movement or flicker of our bodies. The problem with this is that we are really complex machines and its almost impossible to know exactly what is going on. But rest assured, your body has been working for this long so its a safe bet to say it does what it says on the tin...

Think about the problem like this. If it feels uncomfortable then write it down on some paper and see if there is any similar events when you feel stressed. If this is the case then you can put it down to your anxiety and know you can move on. The vicious circle of worry doesn't really help the situation and you cant really control your sub conscious mind.

well... not yet anyway

Try not to worry about it and when it happens please write down what's on your mind or anything that is stressing you out.

I want to thank you for this post, I think you explained it well, and it helped me. I have been feeling tingling in my head, and sometimes I feel numb on one side of my face, always the same side. I think you nailed it though, when you said tha t we tend "tune into" evry movement and feel things sooner or even more often then others. My mom used to say this to me long ago but to hear it again by someone else helps validate it. I have been keeping a log of everything, how my stomach feels, allergies, food, my skin(I think I have rosecaa but I wonder if its really a food allergy, will be seeing a dermatologist in a few weeks) just to try to figure out if I have been feeling crappy from what I eat, or outdoor allergies but I don't record my anxiety levels.. I think it will help me to see if the head thing is stress.... although I really think food is causing a lot of my problems, I defiinetely see some differences when I elimate certain foods.

feel free to check out my artwork @

http://rdy4fn24.deviantart.com/

im happy if it helped

Hi everybody! Thanks for the help you all gave me with your notes.
    I have been feeling my head strange and I feel chock in it and the most of the times I feel dizzy after that. My doc said that I dont need to worry about it because I am stressed out and if I calm down it will disappear.
    Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information