Thread: back pain and horse voice got to have xrays and lung function tests

back pain and horse voice got to have xrays and lung function tests

oh well the husky voice has crept on me againe and the dry mouth i went to see my gp last week and told him the top of my back and shoulder blades are in agony he sounded my chest and said it sounds fine but gave me a course of antibiotics well i fineshed the course and i found my symptoms were still there so i went back and seen my old gp i told her my mouth was very dry and my voice was going she immediatly sent me for xrays and said it sounds very much like early stages of somethink called o c something i still carnt remember wot she said sorry but it was enough to frighten the life out of me ive got to wait 10days for xray results i had to give a flem specimen and i then have to go for a lung function test ive had this problem on and off since 2007 with the husky voice and they always said it was anxiety so why now is she so concerned and sending me for all these tests has anybody else had any of these symptoms and gone thru all these tests oh also i go really hot as if i have a temprature and then freezing cold aww sorry for the long post but im really freaking out

Re: back pain and horse voice got to have xrays and lung function tests

She's only sending you for tests to try to get to the bottom of what's going on -- she's being thorough, which is more than some doctors would bother to do!!

There's no point being scared because the worst case scenario almost never happens. It is far more likely to be either anxiety or some minor physical problem, than it is to be something to worry about.

Keep us posted. PM me if you need to vent or talk. Most of all, let your fear go, it won't do you any good and it is likely that whatever is causing your problems is non-serious.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information