Thread: ok freaking out!! HIV

ok freaking out!! HIV

hi all, i have a massive fear of HIV and i saw some family members at the weekend who were cooing over my son, when he was passed back to me he had a spot of blood on him head without thinking i licked my finger and wiped it off it was dried so i ended up picking it off, i realised that it wasnt his and i asked if anyone was bleeding turns out my auntie had cut her finger he saw my horrified face asnd she said 'dont worry i havent got aids' well i forgot about it this was sunday and today i have come down with a stinking cold and i know that when you first get HIV it can show its self as flue like symptoms i have my anxiety head on today and am convinced i have it!! please help

Re: ok freaking out!! HIV

You don't you don't you don't!!!! For starters - it's your auntie and she doesn't have aids, like she said. But even if it was the blood of some junkie with full-blown aids you couldn't get HIV just by picking a bit of dried blood off with your finger nail! This is your anxiety head hun - just keep telling yourself that!
    xxx

#Even if after i picked it off i re licked my finger to wipe it clean? i know its mental but its mesing with my head xx

NO! Honesly hun, no no no! The HIV virus is actually very fragile - it would have died when the blood dried (if it had been there in the first place - which of course it wasn't!), and even if it hadn't, it would have died in your mouth. Fresh blood has to get into a fresh cut for it to enter the blood stream. It really isn't that easy. You know, people often sleep with HIV infected people for years and don't become infected themselves.
    I so know what you are feeling - I know what the anxiety head is like!! - but you are fine, I promise promise promise!!
    xx

tash PLEASE go in for a test - i know you've been dealing with the hiv worries for awhile now and you are totally fine - but you will feel GREAT once you have it on paper that you're in the clear. i just went for my annual gyno exam last week and asked for all the tests, including hiv, and while i knew i was ok.. i still breathed a sigh of relief when it came back all clear. it's just so good to get it checked, it will put you at ease! also jo is right, not to belittle the disease but it is not that easy to catch. not in every day circumstances like that.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

you not got it stop worrying be happy wish you better

Thread Information