Thread: Freaking out

Freaking out

Totally health anxious person here - in the last week have had ovarian and breast cancer as well as a brain tumour and skin cancer.
    Today I was forced to break into a run - and I am not exactly fit - but after the run I had a stabbing pain in my heart area (left side underneath collar bone at top of breast) for a few seconds. Really winded me.
    Last year I was very worried about my hear had an ECG and blood pressure monitored for 24 hours - all normal , cholsterol is good too. I will go see my doc tomorrw but I am freaking out about what the cause of this pain will be!

Re: Freaking out

We've all been there. It is wicked isn't it.

Well I had my docs appt - she does not think that there is anything seriously wrong with my heart as I do not have any risk factors, the symptoms were not really consistent with the worries I had - and the ecgs I have had were all fine. My bloodpressure is that of a 25 year old ( I am 40+ ) !
    She listened to my heart and said that there was nothing untoward she could hear - ie murmurs or valve probs.
    She said as I was so worried that she would refer me for a heart scan - for my reassurance rather than her feeling that there would be something wrong. I have an appt middle April .

Still can't help worrying though - I often feel weird - a sort of groggy feeling that I think stems from my heart . I am also worried that two chest xrays I have had in the past (for chest infections ) said that I had a mildly enlarged heart . At the time my doc said she wasn't worried that I was only slightly over the normal range and that it was based on a heart to chest cavity ratio and might just mean that I have a small chest. Also , the measurements were three years apart and had not changed at all so she said that was reassuring as well that it was just "me" and not a sign of something bad. Plus my ECGS didn't show an enlarged heart.
    So why I am still so worried ?
    Anyone have any words of wisedom - anyone had heart investigations that turned out ok /something minor?

Noone is responding must be serious then

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda girl View Post
    Noone is responding must be serious then
    Well obviously your doesn't think so and she knows more than we do.

Thread Information