Thread: I am getting better!

I am getting better!

Well, I thought it would be probably time to take a long hard look at how much I've improved since being swithed to Effexor/Venlafaxine. So, basically when I look at it, I have improved A LOT!

I know I mentioned in one of the other forum sections that I had bad episode the other week, but I think that was soley based on the withdrawal and stress of the situation. Plus, I've had some really bad side-effects lately but I've been thinking they are much worth the pain, over my anxiety problems. So putting that aside for now, I can say I haven't had a single panic attack since I started Effexor/Venlafaxine. I've had no IBS either, I'm also not having any hesistant anxiety about things, I am just doing them.

I can now get in my car, drive to anywhere, do anything and not worry. That that seems like a massive change to me. I'm just not feeling any crazy anxiety anymore. The last time I felt like this was on Paroxetine/Seroxat. Both of them have made a profound effect on me. I don't know why, all I know if they've done the job. When I tell my doctors/therapists they find it so surprising that someone like me responds so well with the right medication. So, the way I look at is, for this to have worked, there must've been something wrong, in order for it to have been fixed it, right?

I've been on so many medications, and most of them have not worked. But, only this (Effexor) and Paroxetine have done something. What does this mean? I don't know. All I know is things are getting back on track.

I still have problems with insomnia, but I never really expected that to be fixed straight away. I need to keep working on that.

So I just wanted to say, there is a light at the end of that dark tunnel.

Hopefully, I can inspire hope for others.

Re: I am getting better!

Great news Tom, glad your feeling better.
    love Mags xxxxx

Hi Tom,

I'm so glad you are doing so much better. Many might disagree with me on this but my opinion is that for me anyways is I feel like I have a chemical imbalance since I have had anxiety and cleaning OCD since early childhood. It just got worse and worse as I got older. Paxil has leveled me out to where I can get by on the lowest dose and be quite alot better on the anxiety and cleaning! I also did therapy. I also tried Effexor but for some reason I was quite ill on it after the first dose.

Anyways, my point is I agree with you that for some of us meds can truly make the difference. I wish you continued success.

Take care,

Laura

That is brill news.
    I gives us all hope.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    Hi Tom,

I'm so glad you are doing so much better. Many might disagree with me on this but my opinion is that for me anyways is I feel like I have a chemical imbalance since I have had anxiety and cleaning OCD since early childhood. It just got worse and worse as I got older. Paxil has leveled me out to where I can get by on the lowest dose and be quite alot better on the anxiety and cleaning! I also did therapy. I also tried Effexor but for some reason I was quite ill on it after the first dose.

Anyways, my point is I agree with you that for some of us meds can truly make the difference. I wish you continued success.

Take care,

Laura
    I have to agree.

I've had anxiety since I was very little as well, and as I grew older it just developed into something worse.

A lot of things will affect the outcome of our lives and the way we react to things accordingly. Such as, our upbringing, inherited genes from family members, environmental factors, and certainly our biological makeup. To me, I think a lot of us long term sufferers, it probably is all of these factors. So, either we inherit a gene from the family where someone also suffers from the same kind of illness (very common in mental health) or our biological chemicals are imbalanced for whatever reason and certainly on top of that our upbringing and/or environmental factor.

So, when you consider all this, how does a person undo all of that to get better? I don't think they can. I think we can make amendments and changes to help improve our condition but we can't 'cure' it. Why? because it's who we are, it's who we've become. All we can do is, is accept who we are and try to make things better for ourselves.

Something was definitely helped with Effexor for me. I don't know what exactly, but my anxiety symptoms just were eased a lot. I still have anxiety, but the symptoms are eased, so now I can manage things slightly better. That in itself, is a godsend for me.
    Last edited by tom1; 05-04-09 at 01:04.

great news well done

Great news Tom!

So pleased to hear things are so much better for you now.

xxx

Thats brilliant news. Congratulations Tom xx

Pleased for you tom and you now know you can have anxiety free periods which is what we all strive for.

Thread Information