Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

My story isn't really Dr. Google- although I have millions of those too- But a Facebook story I saw on a news show. They claimed "Facebook saved a child's life."

I guess a mom posted a pic of her baby and the baby's eye was cloudy instead of the typical red eye. Another mom saw it and messaged her to say "I don't wanna scare you, but..." apparently that can be a symptom of a rare form of eye cancer in children!

So I googled it, and yep. They were right! So I spent the weekend snapping dozens and dozens of photos of my son's eyes, and I came up with a handful of those cloudy iris pictures. I called our doctor on Monday and made an appointment immediately. He obliged me, checked him out, and my son was completely FINE. The doc was patient and kind, but I heard him tell a med student in the hallway, "She has anxiety... You'll see a lot like this." :-/ I was embarrassed. He was right.
    Last edited by Kmac1286; 09-05-16 at 05:34. Reason: clarifying story

Greetings.
    Holy. I am totally new in this forum but I am glad I follow the basic. This topic totally save my day. I always ask dr.google and every key will lead me to C or T disgnosed. I will die soon, thats what I will think after googling my symptoms and have been deceived for almost 6 years.

2014 Aug: Diagnosed with Panic attack and GAD
    2015 Jan: Start taper off Xanax
    2016 Feb: Xanax Free
    ~ - 2015: Still On health anxiety as long as I remember.

- become a water, not a rock.

I am glad I don't date Dr Google, she will always give me the wrong answers

Yep the evil internet.always the worse case scenario. Death! Kept thinking I had bowel cancer. But it was the sample answers like bad diet, etc etc

I wish Dr. Google would ban me from his surgery. Every twinge in my body, every pain, every problem. I hit Google and the first result it gives me is usually Cancer.

To be honest right I self diagnosed Cancer from Google and I was right. But listen, I don't want to scare anyone because this was different.

I had Testicle Cancer. Now usually when I notice a problem I Google, except in this instance I felt it was a very abnormal issue with no other possibility. I mean, there's no explanation for a rock hard testicle except Testicle Cancer. But instead of Google this time I went straight to my doctor who sent me for an ultrasound. After the ultrasound the diagnosis was confirmed.

The difference between that time and all the other times was I knew in my head that something wasn't right. That was 1 time out of about 200+ different times I have self diagnosed that I was correct. But as I've said this was an extremely rare case.

Struggling bad this week with my love affair with Dr. Google... I dealt poorly with my anxiety for the past few years with drinking in the evenings, which is when my anxiety is heightened. But I recently quit, and now I'm on Google almost everyday trying to phrase my symptoms just exactly so the results will pop up with something other than cancer. I worry about my menstrual cycles, weird pains, bowel issues, a nagging light discomfort in one of my ribs.... The list goes on and on. It's bad right now so I just wanted to check in here for support instead of checking on Google some more.

After I gave up drinking alocohol, I've been having anxiety. I used Dr. Google on several occasions, and she has diagnosed me with cancer more times I can remember. I have gone to a real Doctor more than usual because of the misdiagnosis of Dr. Google. The last time I used Dr. Google was when I had a rash on my foot, and she said I had cancer. Luckily I just shrugged it off, and the rash went away in a couple of weeks.

I think we Google for reassurance but it has the opposite effect. I have also paid to speak to foreign doctors on line. What are we thinking of. I think with HA reassurance is a big issue

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finadindin View Post
    My Dr just doesn't help, I can't ever seem to get an appointment so Dr google is sometimes my only option.. Last week I had a chest pain after having coughing fit in the night, when it hadn't gone in the morning, I thought I best get it checked out in case it was anything serious and the receptionist refused to give me a telephone consultation unless I told her what I want to speak to him about. So I did and she told me to go straight to A & E .. I said no but she refused to do anything else. So I went and explained I didn't think I needed to be there, they were very helpful. But I still I sat there for a few hours knowing I didn't need to be there but I didn't know what else to do...embarrassed and feeling foolish after seeing really sick people coming in I was told I had pulled a muscle........

So it back to Dr google for me.....
    I a lucky I can see a doctor in a few days. This is the problem with the NHS people go to A + E because they can't see their GP or get past the receptionist

Great thread. Banning myself from Google now!

I know people find it diffiuclt not to google, read forums, watching soaps, reading magazines and newspaper because there always one story or another about the big c or other conditions.

If you are worried go and see your GP, The GP also says have you been googling again

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information